The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my Stage II Exhaust from Newport European :D

BTW Everyone that I have dealt with from the service people to parts people to the sales people have been very fair and a pleasure to deal with.

I still have it wrapped in the plastic bag with the bubble wrap around the TWO tips. It also comes with a template for cutting the slightly larger holes for the two tips.

I just put it on the scale with all plastic bag packaging and bubble wrap and it comes in at 18 lbs. I have no idea what the stock unit weighs but this seems small and looks nice.

I thought I had better get one before they ran out. The dealers can order them from Lotus so you may want to make a call if you are interested.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Great idea to go ahead and get one now. Did your dealer have many in stock? What was the cost?

·
Registered
670 Posts
$$$$$$$$ ?

Steve

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tidalwdave said:
Great idea to go ahead and get one now. Did your dealer have many in stock? What was the cost?
They have more than a few and any dealer can order them and have them within a few days. It was about $625.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Wow! Very cool! I can't wait to hear an Elise with the Stage II exhaust! The price isn't bad either! :) (A Tubi exhaust for a Ferrari is easily over $4,000!!!)

Sadly... since my Elise is still a little ways away, I can't bring myself to buy accessories just yet. (It actually a wise thing to get your accessories before the rush and excitement hit, but I was always the impatient kid at Christmas! :p I would want to throw on all these parts as soon as I got the car home!)

Bob

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Does the info that came with it have any disclaimers about street use? I've heard that the stage 2 is marked "not for public roads" or some such thing.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here are some pictures.

BTW it is 17.75 LBS without the packaging.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
gotapex said:
I got to say, that's pretty cool, getting the exhaust before the car. :clap:
I also have the Lotus car cover and the iPod input cables are on the way:D

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Excellent! Anyone know what the stock exhaust weighs?

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Randy Chase said:
Excellent! Anyone know what the stock exhaust weighs?
Chris can you please take your exhaust off and put it on a scale;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Dual Tips

Thank God! I'm so glad they gave up on the awful tip they showed on the prototype.

I'll definitely go for this option. The exhaust note is more important than the stereo to me in the Elise.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Huraaaaaaaaaay! I started a few threads on the Stage II, can't wait to find out what it sounds like!

Good call, I am soon to follow!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Is there any performance improvement for the Stage II exhaust? Any measured numbers or even vast handwaving claims of amazing HP?

I can't imagine people are jumping at a $600+ option just to change the exhaust note and shed a little weight. Is it true?

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
That is why I asked about weight. I would, if I saved enough weight.

For me, I like the stock exhaust sound just fine, and in fact, do not want it to be much louder.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Do you suppose you could hold it up to your mouth and make car noises through it and let us know how it sounds?

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
_JD_ said:
Does the info that came with it have any disclaimers about street use? I've heard that the stage 2 is marked "not for public roads" or some such thing.
That may be because it was not EPA certified with the Stage II. The Aston Martin DB7 that I had for a weekend had the competition exhaust and the dealer told me that they could not put them on the car when you bought them but they could do them as an aftermarket upgrade. I am guessing that this is a similar situation.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts