The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to installing all of the gear (Barge boards, Splitter and Stone Guards). I love it, super happy with how it all turned out :grin2:

Install is easy (wish the rear bolt on the barge boards wasn't a nut behind the fender liner... then it would have been extremely easy)

For the barge boards I personally felt they stuck out a bit too far to make getting in/out a little too hard (not an issue with his design). After looking at the GT4, GTE, and other evora race cars, some have been designs to come in at the center, so I grabbed the jig saw and cut off about 1.5" in the center. I love it :clap:

Oh and for anyone who accidently sprays 'Goof Off' on bare ABS........... yeah don't do that. But a quick wipe with Acetone can bring back the gloss. No, nail polish remover isn't strong enough, get the can from the hardware store.

On to the pics.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
That looks great!!! On a side note...I am digging the red piping on the seats. :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Where did you find the stone guards? I've looked everywhere, or so I thought. I assume they are the same ones installed on the new 430?

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
Gives the car a more aggressive look. I love it!
Same things I want to do to my car. Where did you get everything? From Ebay?
Pretty easy to install?

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
Where did you find the stone guards? I've looked everywhere, or so I thought. I assume they are the same ones installed on the new 430?
Gives the car a more aggressive look. I love it!
Same things I want to do to my car. Where did you get everything? From Ebay?
Pretty easy to install?
I think @PLAY-DOH makes all of them, including the stone guards.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Dam! I love all 3. And you have my dream color and sport interior. Looks great! What was the splitter install like?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dam! I love all 3. And you have my dream color and sport interior. Looks great! What was the splitter install like?
Thanks. And yes the car is perfect (Thanks @scv). Install is the easiest thing ever. Just take out the existing bolts. Put it in place with the new longer bolts. Takes like 5 minutes and I didn't even jack up the car.

·
Hickory, NC
959 Posts
It’s from Hethelsport. 3rd brake light option. Carbon vinyl on the end caps. These things weigh hardly nothing. I can’t imagine how much lighter a full carbon one is. Sherman hooked me up

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey everyone!

Just installed PLAY_DOH's barge boards and his one-off "GT430" splitter.

First off, let me just say @PLAY-DOH is extremely helpful. He shipped the packages within a day of getting the payment and was more than happy to answer any of my (many) questions.
The quality of the parts are spectacular. They are sturdy when installed yet have enough play in them to bend mildly. This I find is nice because of accidental taps that might happen from your foot bumping into the barge boards when getting in/out. In addition, the barge boards makes the car look wider and all around more like a racecar :). Their look just changes the car and makes it extremely more aggressive.
The splitter is freaking awesome. I can't be happier with it and the look. It fit perfectly and even though it is handmade, the symmetry is impressive. It definitely brings a sweet flare to the car.
The install took an hour and could literally be done by anyone. The majority of the parts just bolt on with the exception of the barge boards. The center of them tape to the bottom of the car however that tape is very very strong. I peeled a section off temporarily just to see how strong it is. It is strong enough to hold make it freaking hard to pull off but i found weak enough to not damage my vinyl wrap. I find this to be significantly better than drilling into the car like how most barge board kits make you.
I am extremely pleased and couldn't be happier.

Thank you PLAY-DOH and keep the custom parts for our cars coming!

Attachments

·
Hickory, NC
959 Posts
Thanks PreciousMetal for the kind words! I’ll have to say it does look super nice with the new wrap and all the accessories. I enjoy making owners smile and helping out the Lotus community in the process

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I received my splitter yesterday from Play-Doh! The fit and finish is top notch and it looks great! Now just waiting on the barge boards to show up. :)

Sad thing is I went to install the splitter yesterday and it looked pretty darn easy and is a straight bolt on. However....I jinxed myself. Whoever worked on the car before must have removed the front bumper and took a shortcut reinstalling. Instead of using the metal clips that provide a mounting point to the belly-pan's sheet metal....they replaced half of them with plastic "fir trees". So of course those wouldn't hold up the splitter at even moderate speeds. Got her mounted halfway to see how it looked. PERFECT! :)

Now I have to grab some new metal clips for the mount points and hopefully I can bend the bumper's lip on the bottom enough to place them w/o having to remove the bumper.

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
Instead of removing the bumper, you could also remove the front undertray. Only about ~20 bolts and a few spacers of varying thicknesses that'll fall out when you do remove it.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Good point, I thought about doing that too. I picked up some clips today to attempt the install again. With the bottom bolts removed I am thinking I can bend the lip of the bumper down and squeeze the clips on. The lip seems pretty flexible without doing damage from a quick test.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Sheesh...after adopting several Lotus positions I was able to get the new metal u-clips installed on the belly pan. I ended up pulling down on the bumper's bottom lip and had just barely enough room to get my hand in there. The hardest part was only being able to use two fingers to get the clip clamped onto the belly pan. After messing with installing the clips for an hour....the splitter bolted right up in 10mins. With the heavy duty clips installed...that thing thing isn't going anywhere. Next are the barge boards as those arrived today but I'll tackle them another time. The splitter did me in for the day.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts