The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the call, car is in the port.

It was MIA for a little while and then showed up!

Looks like production #794, BRG + touring + hardtop will live in North NJ.

Have to drive it at Watkins Glen one day and complete the dream of 14 year old who saw Jim Clark drive there.

:clap:

·
Registered
409 Posts
GHC said:

Have to drive it at Watkins Glen one day and complete the dream of 14 year old who saw Jim Clark drive there.

You know, that's a place where I would actually consider tracking my car.

:bow: :bow: :clap: :clap: :bow: :bow:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Awsome. For me these were the hardest days. Once he gets invoiced the excitment begins!!

P.S. We just got snow:mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
GHC said:

Congrats dude. I'm jealous. :D

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Re: Re: I got the call from Mark Starr (HRM) today

babak said:
Congrats dude. I'm jealous. :D
Babak: Just because that guy in Oregon
was allowed to have a tractor and a
350Z, doesn't mean Lotus allows Elise
owners to do the same. You are going
to have to unload that sucker before
any serious consideration is given to
your order. You see, our founder (Colin
Chapman) was runover by a speeding
tractor one day and he saw to it that
tractor - Elise ownership is not allowed!
Randy has a copy of the Lotus Charter
stating same.....in the event you need
formal verification. Sorry, but them's the
rules!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Congrats GHC, we'll have to get some people from our area together in the spring and go for a ride. i'm just across the Jersey border in NY. Todays snow has put an end to this years driving season...don't want to get salt on the car.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
europa73 said:
Congrats GHC, we'll have to get some people from our area together in the spring and go for a ride. i'm just across the Jersey border in NY. Todays snow has put an end to this years driving season...don't want to get salt on the car.

Sounds good. From what Nick Drake (Lotus program mngr for Federal car) said, these cars are not as vunerable to salt corrosion as a steel car. He said don't worry about...

I don't think I can wait until spring anyway ...

I'm sure the tires would suck in any kind of slippery stuff but if the roads clear, I'm going (at least thats my current plan) ...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pics of the Europa?

europa73 said:
Any pics of your Europa you could share? Send me a private message and I will shoot you my personal email...

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
George,

Congrats on the car. Take a peek into club111 now that your car is on it's way. We are having a karting event in boston in a couple of weeks and a holiday party at Hunting Ridge Motors on the 18th of December. If you want the events for the next year, PM me.

Robert

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wallabyguy said:
George,

Congrats on the car. Take a peek into club111 now that your car is on it's way. We are having a karting event in boston in a couple of weeks and a holiday party at Hunting Ridge Motors on the 18th of December. If you want the events for the next year, PM me.

Robert
Robert, count me in for the events. I will PM you... Boston is too far for karting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts