The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the phone with SVAG. I'll be picking up my car tomorrow. My salesman mentioned that Matt just picked up his car a half an hour ago.

This is going to be a fantastic weekend! :)

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Congratulations Dan ! What was your place in the queue, if you don't mind me asking ?

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Ah, so yours is the Aztec Bronze with biscuit inerior? I was WONDERING who the heck ordered that combo! Now we all know, but you've got some explaining to do...just what were you thinking when you ordered that?

Just kidding, I saw a LRG/biscuit there that must be yours? Looked beautiful, you're gonna love it! That's a great color combo.

I just got back from picking mine up, but am too busy right now to drive it, take pictures, etc...tomorow, I promise!

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
Re: PICS DAMMIT PICS!!!

II-soon said:
I also order LRG and Biscuit. Pics pretty please.
LOL!! take it easy, man!!

congrats, guys!! :clap:

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Congrats, Matt! Congrats, Dan!

Just like I root for the A's and 49ers because they are my local teams, I root for any SVAGer who takes delivery. It seems you two are #3 and #4 on the list, no?

That's four down, and 36 to go for me!

BTW: My salesman invited me down to see Dan's car before it's delivered (as I'm curious about racing green), but tomorrow is out for me. Need to work all day.

In different circumstances I would ask Dan and Matt to get together for some color referencing, but it's time for me to order (salesman wants a decision by Saturday), so I'll just have to do a gut-check and go on my best instincts: aubergine, touring, black interior, starshield.

Once again: congrats -- and enjoy!

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Yep, apparently #40 is right on the cusp of the next order group. Maybe they're just taking 10 orders at a time now? Don't know.

FWIW, my salesman said something to the effect that SVAG only has build information (or a term simililar to "build information" -- can't remember specifics) on 11 cars. So even though SVAG might have collected "orders" from 30 listees, only 11 of these folks have a car that's currently recognized by Lotus in some type of list that it's providing to SVAG.

Now, the nature of this list, I have no idea. A list of cars already completed? Maybe cars completed as well as cars currently in the building que? Cars assigned a VIN? Cars recognized by Lotus's own internal vehicle tracking -- whatever that may be? Who knows?

The larger point, I think, is that while 30 orders may have been taken (god knows how many months ago), not all 30 cars anywhere close to being delivered.

Just one final thought: Since we know that four customer cars have already been delivered, it's very possible that Lotus is currently looking at order groups as groups of 15 (four delivered cars, plus 11 on some vague list = 15).

As for the basic question -- "When will I get my car if I name options on Saturday?" -- the answer is still, "No one knows, but a realistic guess is sometime in the first quarter of 2005."

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
thanks for your thoughts jon.
i've wondered myself why lotus is bothering with taking "orders" 30 places out when most dealers haven't even delivered 10 cars yet. now the next wave of orders (10 or so) are being spec'd out and yet delivery for the latest orders realistically won't be until 1st quarter 05

i'd be happy to have my car by march 05...

:confused:

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
huggy bear said:
When did they give you your VIN? Just trying to gauge time between VIN and actual delivery.
Oh gee, let's see...I think my VIN was known back in July, since the car was built in June. I recall being told they had the VIN, though I never really cared what it was so didn't ask.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
So when is the next BA Elise get together so I can see these new cars? I was out of town for the last one. How about this weekend? ;)

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Magnetic Blue, are you kidding? Is everyone in the SFBA getting that color? That's one of my top contenders...that and Titanium. Titanium's not exactly unpopular either. I may get Arctic Silver just to be different!

·
Registered
770 Posts
Not every one! I ordered Ardent Red today to be different. Interesting that at first I thought of Green or Titanium but Graham convinced me Red would be more visible not to be run over by a truck. There is the flip side of visibility of course ;-)

Have you not ordered yet John? I thought you vere ahead of me.

John Stimson said:
Magnetic Blue, are you kidding? Is everyone in the SFBA getting that color? That's one of my top contenders...that and Titanium. Titanium's not exactly unpopular either. I may get Arctic Silver just to be different!

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I got "the other call" (time to order!) from Graham yesterday. I'm going down for a test drive and final decision on Monday. If I pull the trigger, it will probably be Magnetic Blue with LSD. I might get SVAG to do their own clear bra, since someone said it had better coverage.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
John Stimson said:
I might get SVAG to do their own clear bra, since someone said it had better coverage.
I asked my salesman about SVAG doing their own clear bra two days ago, and he said they have no current plans for this set up. He also said his orange demo has starshield, and since this car looks perfect, I'm going with starshield.

In other news, I leaving in 2 hours for Los Gatos. Going to hand them the second deposit check, and spec the actual car! After much hemming and hawing, I will in fact be going with chrome orange. I thought I'd be going with Aubergine, but this was my final thought process:

- Love both colors, but while I know exactly what CO looks like in person, can't say the same for the purple.

- I have always been of the opinion that the black trim pieces really need contrasting paint. Purple doesn't do it, orange does.

- After doing an anecdotal (but thorough) skimming of this board, it looks like NO ONE is getting purple. While it's nice to have an rare paint, I do not want my car held up a month because of some weird batching decision.

- CO is arguably the brightest color. Purple turns black in all but the brightest sun. So CO is a safety-inspired decision.

- Did a casual focus group experiment in my office yesterday (each participant was tested in private). Showed every participant 4x5, high-res photos of every color car. Orange was consistently described as the most race car like color. Purple was described as the most pimp-daddy color (or words to that effect).
(I should also note that most people, all non-car-folk, preferred the two silvers, ardent red, and racing green...)

- I kept on seeing the CO as a $1,200 extra. But it's really just a $600 extra if you rationalize the fact that you're already spending $600 on a mettallic paint. That was the clincher. When I saw the CO demo in person, I was smitten, overwhelmed with a sense of impulse-buy. So what the hell -- CO it will be!

If anyone has any questions for SVAG, get them to me by 10:30 PST, cause I'll be leaving soon thereafter!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts