The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the sill protectors with license mount protector. They look to be well made. Very much like they looked in the pictures previously posted.
They are designed to stick on. The only question is this: Should I stick them on over the Clear-bra or should I remove the Clear-bra from where I will stick it? I don’t want them to fall off or losen the Clear-bra. They do seem pretty light but I still wonder how secure the Clear-bra could hold them if I do just stick them over it.

What do you all think? Does anyone have any experience with Clear-bra and sticking items like this on it?

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
derek,
You could certainly mount it directly to the clearbra on the license plate bracket, if it did loosen you could easily replace that section as it's just a rectangle of film separate from the rest of the nose. They film holds pretty well, as I put a comms cord mounting bracket directly to the film, all kinds of jerking tugging pulling the film never loosened.
Chris

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
What type of adhesive is on the back? An acrylic foam type adhesive, especially 3M, is very strong. It would hold the plate onto the 3M film quite easily. You can pick this adhesive up at your local auto parts store.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
If they're like the ones I saw at Lotus they use that 3m double sided trim tape (it's thin foam about an inch wide double stick, man what doesn't 3m make?
CHris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts