The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local Honda dealer had one on the lot, and actually let me take it out for a spin. Important in that the S2000 is one of the cars I was considering before plunking down the deposit on the Elise. Here's what I thought:

The '04 is still gutless at low RPMs. But when the cams kicked over, I always got this silly grin on my face.

Wonderful seats. Fit me perfectly.

Zippy car. Turns well. Feels planted on the road.

Great fit and finish. It's a well put together car.

It will be interesting to compare the S2000 to the Federalized Elise at the LA Auto Show. And if, perchance, I get to test drive an Elise before my spot comes up, that would be great, too.

The sales people were completely clueless about the competition. "What's a Lotus Elise?" was the common response. Of course, they weren't too knowlegeable about their own cars, either...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Andrew said:
The sales people were completely clueless about the competition. "What's a Lotus Elise?" was the common response. Of course, they weren't too knowlegeable about their own cars, either...:rolleyes:
Car salesmen are disappointing. I am absolutely certain that I could be the top salesman of any dealership inside 6 months.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I thought of my S2000 below 6k as an Accord that handled. On hot cam it was a whole other story.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Most of the time Honda dealerships and sales force are relatively clueless about the S2000. There will often be one guy there, slightly older than a teenager, who will claim to be the resident expert on the S2000. But alas he will be just as clueless as the rest of them.

The S2000 is indeed missing low end power, but with all of those revs to spare, you've no business lugging a car like that around at low revs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts