Car Land vehicle Plant Wheel Vehicle

Reactions: JDA04

·
Registered
1,682 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
Whaddaya think happened he mash the throttle while changing lanes?

Picture looks to be a bit after the crash, personally I would have jumped right out so they may not feel so lucky.

Love the concertina wire at the top of the wall. much classier than the broken bottles cemented in

·
Registered
461 Posts
The road must have been wet. I could never get my Elise to do that in a straight line on dry pavement. Maybe it had an enhanced engine. I doubt that they were "lucky". It looked to me as if they were thrown around quite a bit by that pole. Scary.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
The road must have been wet. I could never get my Elise to do that in a straight line on dry pavement. Maybe it had an enhanced engine. I doubt that they were "lucky". It looked to me as if they were thrown around quite a bit by that pole. Scary.
Summit Point has a very similar crest, and my stock-ish Elise could spin up a bit at the top of third in the dry. I loved hearing the revs jump as I went over the hill. The part that doesn't make sense is that it seemed like he was going straight. He must've panicked when it got light or there was a curve I'm not seeing. It wouldn't take much.

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise BRG
457 Posts
Maybe he didn't address the oil line recall?

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
1,242 Posts
Looks like there was a dip in the road, right after which he started to go sideways:
Building Motor vehicle Vehicle House Tree

Water Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Car

Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Plant Motor vehicle

"Missed me by -><- that much..."
Building Nature Plant Vehicle Landscape

Water Bird Vehicle Building Asphalt

Kinda looks like something deployed in the driver's face, but hard to say.
Automotive tire Water Motor vehicle Vehicle Asphalt

Steering wheel doesn't look like an airbag type:
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Is the ad out yet? 200x Exige, branded title from minor accident, needs rear clam repair.

·
Premium Member
3,148 Posts
They’re alive, but definitely not alright. That was quite the impact. 😐

it does amaze me how this chassis holds up in significant crashes.

·
Registered
2017 Lotus Evora 400 manual, 2009 Rossion Q1, 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
776 Posts
...and the pole wins by TKO.
Actually surprised the pole didn't appear to budge with that impact.
Joking aside I really hope they're OK
The driver moving afterwards like he was is encouraging

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
I saw this, this morning. Very sad and unlucky... Either the road wasn't even or something broke. Didn't seem like he was doing anything dangerous. Just a freak accident.
He was driving far, FAR too fast for conditions. That is a wet, undulating, heavily cambered roadway.

At or near WOT coming out of that left hand turn. The speed he was carrying is not readily apparent until you focus on the impact forces.

Nothing broke. It wasn't unlucky. It was just stupid driving.

They're very lucky to not be dead.

·
Registered
07 Aspen White Exige S - MT
2,749 Posts
I’d like to know how those carbon seats held up in that wreck. Would be interesting to see. In the past accidents I’ve reviewed, most of the “cheaper” carbon seats break quite easily. The 2 brands that held up were the tillet, and the reverie.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts