The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my dream I finally got my exige(which had canyon red stripes for some reason) and then I totally destroyed my front clam trying to park it:eek:

was so glad when I realized it was just a dream :crazyeyes

anyone else have lotus nightmares? -poke-

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I had a nightmare I sold my Elise and bought and Audi! Yikes!

·
Registered
773 Posts
I keep dreaming I'm gonna get that 3rd Cylinder Mis-Fire/Cam-Lobe failure thing and have to deal with it! :panic:

Other than that, haven't had a Lotus "nightmare" 1, yet! :up:

Now Skydiving - there is a different story. Although I've been jumping for nearly 15 years now, and have approaching 1,900 jumps, every so often I still get the all too familiar "going in" / "bouncing" one. :eek:

Staying home to detail my Jag, and do a HPDE/CTD in the Lotus this weekend though! :nanner2: Woo-Hoo! Can't wait!! :cool:

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
when I was in school I would always get those dreams where I missed a test or a class or remembered I had a class that I hadnt gone to all term dreams those sucked(not quite as scary as bouncing tho :p)

I also had dreams when I was working in a restaurant about not being able to get to all the tables I needed too...

fortunatly even after almost 2 years I still havent had one of those dreams at my real job :)

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I had this dream that it was raining, and I had to put the top on the car!

If that wasn't bad enough, when I got to where I was going (with the top up), I had to get out of the car, trying to not look dorky doing it, because a beautiful woman was watching!

It was a dream, wasn't it?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had a dream yesterday I was parking real quick to pickup a pizza and bumped the front clam on a high curb and it got a crack...then I realized it wasn't a dream.:wallbang: Couldn't believe I had just did that.
It goes across where the front licence plate would be, I hit it with touch up paint and ordered an Elise sticker from sweetdaddydelicious to cover it up. :D
I don't feel like getting a ton of fiberglass work done right now.

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
I'm doing a ton of work on my car right now...front clam is off.

but last night, I had this horrible dream that I got into a huge accident and totaled the front clam...

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I rarely dream... but I had one a week or two ago that involved the Elise... driving up a barren rocky mountain that most 4-wheelers would have trouble navigating!!!

·
Registered
622 Posts
I was standing on the back of a salvage barge recovering my Exige from the seafloor. As I remember it, somehow my Lotus rolled off the back of a ferry and sunk. Funny part was they used the front towhook to lift it as the diver didn't want to scratch the paint.

·
Registered
198 Posts
HA,
I thought I was the only one that had car dreams.
I often dream about the Lotus and also about driving the Ducati.

Usually, these dreams happen more often in Jan - March.... obviously waiting for winter to be done so I can get out there!
k

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I had a horrible nightmare about 10 years ago that I still remember to this day.

For some reason my car had become a 1996 White Ford Taurus automatic, with Blue vinyl interior. I was horrified that was my car. Will never let that happen....

Cheers,
Skottoman

·
Registered
821 Posts
Not a dream...as I rarely remember those.

BUT - for a week before I went to pick up my Lotus I couldn't sleep more than a cpl hrs w/o waking up. It was terribly irritating, as usually I'm out once my head hits the pillow, and I stay asleep until the alarm blasts me in the face in the AM.

Luckily I'm back to good again.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've had some pretty bad ones since I've been away from mine... last one was I hit a rock which tore off the splitter and ripped all the pain off the side of the car like it was latex... weird

·
Registered
291 Posts
I've been having more lotus dreams lately since the last time I drove it was in Oct. :-( The only one I remember my boss was driving an Elise..not sure if it was mine or not.. away from my house. The roads were bad and the back end kept breaking loose until eventually he hit a guardrail. I've had others where I got in an accident but I don't remember them as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts