The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, just picked up a 2012 Starlight black S with Venom Red interior and have been driving the crap out of it :).

I've also been scouring the forum trying to learn as much as I can, but I can't find any info on this rear fog lamp button I have?

Seems it's typically just a blank on US models, but mine is there, lights on and off when I depress it and everything, but nothing happens.

Manual says nothing about it. Factory goof up maybe?

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Grey
987 Posts
Hey folks, just picked up a 2012 Starlight black S with Venom Red interior and have been driving the crap out of it :).

I've also been scouring the forum trying to learn as much as I can, but I can't find any info on this rear fog lamp button I have?

Seems it's typically just a blank on US models, but mine is there, lights on and off when I depress it and everything, but nothing happens.

Manual says nothing about it. Factory goof up maybe?
Is yours a federal Evora? Sounds strange that it wouldn't be if you're in New York. Anyway, in the Evora brochure, I've always wondered about the photo that's included, as shown below. It has a fog light button. My Evora is an IPS so the Sport button is a blank (on IPS, Sport button is below Park), but that fog light button is also a blank on mine; won't even depress as if there is no switch behind it. I've wondered if any Evora has fog lamps and if so, where are they mounted?

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've wondered if any Evora has fog lamps and if so, where are they mounted?
All non federal Evora's have 1 rear fog lamp which is mounted where the reverse lamp is, so we have 1 of each rather than the 2 reverse lamps the federal Evora's have. I've always found this odd bearing in mind the strict federal rules, as I assume you also get fog!

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
My usa volvo has rear fogs.

·
Premium Member
8,384 Posts
So I see you bought that sweet Venon Red interior 2012 S from Secor. Congrats. That was as close to a black car purchase as I will ever get. Stunning interior. North of Albany means easy access to WGI, a great place to exercise her!

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Grey
987 Posts
So the question still remains, why does yours have the button. One of two theories and I'm leaning on the latter. First is a mistake from the factory. I don't know why they wouldn't have caught that, but who knows, mistakes happen. Free button for you, right? Second and the most likely, something wasn't working properly when the car arrived in the US and the dealer had to swap out the panel for whatever reason. When replacing the panel, the wrong spec panel arrived and was installed. Both of these are guesses, but what you should do is find a way to install fog lamps in the front or install the DRL in the front and have them work off your additional button. You'd be the envy of all other federal Evora owners.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I see you bought that sweet Venon Red interior 2012 S from Secor. Congrats. That was as close to a black car purchase as I will ever get. Stunning interior...
I did! Yes I too had no desire in getting a black one, in fact, I really really wanted white... But... the Venom Red interior sold me, plus we worked out a good deal.

So the question still remains, why does yours have the button... You'd be the envy of all other federal Evora owners.
You're right, free button for me I guess?? Now if I only I knew if it's wired and where it runs? Suppose I have a project coming in the near future.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts