The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In fact, as far as luck goes I'm not a very lucky person. My husband and I are huge UFC fans. I love Rampage and have been watching the recent season of Ultimate Fighter religiously because he is one of the hosts. Welll, there was this Burger King After Hours Sweepstakes that would allow the winner and 3 friends an all expenses paid trip to vegas to see the ultimate fighter finale. So, every time I sat down at the computer for the last 2 months I entered and entered and entered... Low and behold Thursday night I get an email "A Message from Spike" I screamed so loud my husband thought I saw a rat. I won the flipping contest! So you guys have to watch for us on the finale on June 21st! :panic::panic::panic:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats.... But how will we recognize you?
That's fine - you can start on the 21st. ;) Seats arrived fine by the way. Sorry, I got so excited about putting them in I forgot to tell you. lol I kind of miss my old ones though. I think I'm going to put them back up for sale.

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
CONGRATS! :D

My parents had a friend who entered contests "for a living."

She gave us a trip to London and our first dog! :cool:

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
That's fine - you can start on the 21st. ;) Seats arrived fine by the way. Sorry, I got so excited about putting them in I forgot to tell you. lol I kind of miss my old ones though. I think I'm going to put them back up for sale.

Ah, how we think we want things we really don't want.... :cool:

BTW, that pic is too old. We need a new one.

Just kidding ;)

·
Registered
357 Posts
That should be fun. I went to a previous UFC event in Las Vegas. Almost as entertaining as the event is the crowd. There is something about Las Vegas that makes every guy think that they are Tommy Lee.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
im jealous. you'll have a blast. I had the chance to watch Rampage K.O. Chuck. Hopefully you will have the same pleasure of watching him knock out Forest :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im jealous. you'll have a blast. I had the chance to watch Rampage K.O. Chuck. Hopefully you will have the same pleasure of watching him knock out Forest :)
That fight will be on July 5th I think. If we had won tickets to that I wouldn't be able to handle it. Unfortunately, we won't get to see Rampage destroy anyone on our trip. I definitely hope to meet him though.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Actually, part of the prize is a catered after party that I can invite 30 people to. Since I live in Atlanta, I don't know how I am expected to track down 30 people. So, if anyone is going to be in lv on the 21st and wants to come down send me a pm.

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
If you take the trip you have to pay tax on the retail value of the trip. If the trip is worth that much to you, take it. Otherwise, see if they have a cash out option, take the money, set some aside for the tax, and buy something nice for yourself.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you take the trip you have to pay tax on the retail value of the trip. If the trip is worth that much to you, take it. Otherwise, see if they have a cash out option, take the money, set some aside for the tax, and buy something nice for yourself.
That's the thing. If the seats at the fight and the rooms are lame it's going to suck. I have done a little research on the tax thing and if I keep track of the actual cost of things like airfare, rooms, & tickets then I can pay the tax on that rather than their inflated estimate. I think another option was to try and get them to lower their estimate. My husband is on board and says don't worry about the taxes just have fun.

You've won a date with me. You're on a roll! No tax on this one.
You have nice teeth too.
Thanks! :D

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
I am so completely jealous!! I'm a huge UFC fan as well (I watch every episode of TUF, even though my wife hates it) and I went to UFC65: Bad Intentions and it was a surreal experience! I also just recently went to WEC: Faber vs. Pulver and it was even better (I had floor seats :D). Heck, I even used to watch the original PPV UFC fights back in the day before Zuffa bought them. I just wish some of the old timers would hang up their gloves instead of trying to keep fighting. Their legacy should remain as it was, instead of making people think they suck now. Ken Shamrock, Tank Abbott, Royce Gracie and others should learn from Bas Rutten...let your prime be what people remember.

Have fun at the finale!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts