The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had to take my 2005 elise home from NYS inspection and repairs and I put the letsla shift kit in it and did nothing else like the bollock or the Stan's mod. I have bought a 2008 exige recently and just did the Stan's and added the bollock but not the letsla yet. The direct comparison is NIGHT and DAY ! Having a direct comparison between the two I will be putting the LETSLA shift kit on this exige too no doubt! It really cleans up the shifting slop and mor precise short throws. My .02

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,077 Posts
Were you abel to install it yourself without adjusting cables and fine tuning, etc?

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I installed mine in conjunction with a coolant change. So I was able to remove all of the coolant hoses, tank, electric pump, etc that are in the way of access. The LETSLA install is then trivial.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I installed mine in conjunction with a coolant change. So I was able to remove all of the coolant hoses, tank, electric pump, etc that are in the way of access. The LETSLA install is then trivial.
Did you just make the length on the LETSLA exactly the same as stock? I really don't have the time to be doing "fine tuning".

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Did you just make the length on the LETSLA exactly the same as stock? I really don't have the time to be doing "fine tuning".
I used shorter throw adjustments (at the transmission linkage) for both shift and crossgate. Never had to adjust the cables at the shifter; it worked fine right off the bat. I know some people have had to tweak it some.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts