The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Lotus Evora NA with 40K miles. Last week I was driving and had the three red circles turn on and the car was making a noise like it wasn’t charging gears so I took it to a Lotus Indy shop.

The mechanic said the reader showed the speed sensor was bad he replaced them and the brake pedal sensor but know the ABS and Traction Light are staying on at the dashboard.

I read a bunch of post that replacing the brake pedal sensor fixed that issue. I drove the car home and had bought some from GregsRacingParts replaced it again but the lights are still on.

The nearest Lotus Galpin Dealer charges me $345 to reset the lights but not sure if that would fix the issue or turn off the ABS and traction lights?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
4,450 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,615 Posts
You could try reading the codes again to see what is wrong (best thing to do). Or, if you think its still the brake switch, you might try adjusting the switch plunger. Typical setting to start at is 5 clicks out. However, you may need to pull it out (or go in) additional clicks. Some have had to adjust to 7 clicks out. Just pay attention to how many clicks you move it (either way) so that if that does not fix it, you can put it back to the original adjustment. Also note that the lights usually will not go out even if you fixed it until a preset number of key cycles shows no issues.

Note that when Lotus adjusts the switch, they hook it up to their computer which tells them how many clicks it needs based on each individual vehicle.

·
Registered
650 Posts
My airbag light was on recently and I rechecked the airbag connections below the seats (sliding the back abruptly to change the carpet plugs and forward the same day to get someone in back may have loosened something). After maybe 5 drive cycles and much anxiety, it just turned off.
I’m not sure if the 400 is different though. I understand your model’s codes can be read and reset by an appropriate reader but not the 400.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You could try reading the codes again to see what is wrong (best thing to do). Or, if you think its still the brake switch, you might try adjusting the switch plunger. Typical setting to start at is 5 clicks out. However, you may need to pull it out (or go in) additional clicks. Some have had to adjust to 7 clicks out. Just pay attention to how many clicks you move it (either way) so that if that does not fix it, you can put it back to the original adjustment. Also note that the lights usually will not go out even if you fixed it until a preset number of key cycles shows no issues.

Note that when Lotus adjusts the switch, they hook it up to their computer which tells them how many clicks it needs based on each individual vehicle.
Thanks for the information I’ll try it tomorrow and I’ll adjust it 5 to 7 clicks and I’ll be aware of key cycles as well - thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
If none of the suggestions mentioned so far don’t fix the issue then it could be your wiring harness. I had the same thing happen to my 2014 Evora S

·
Premium Member
7,174 Posts
My brakelight is on permanently. Lotus could not fix. Even had a factory tech log in. Its in the ABS module but it operates perfectly well
Was told to ignore it...black tape strikes again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts