The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I had been wanting a Lotus for, well, about 20 years, when a friend of mine had a Super 7. I had been looking at the Elise for a few years, and about a year ago, decided it was time to put an end to this non-sense, and buy one.

With the priceless help from a member of this forum, MikePal, and thanks to his in-depth knowledge, I was able to get the one and only.

And I have to say, nothing prepared me for what I was about to get into...

Do you ever get the feeling, when you buy something expensive, that you might regret it, that it is not justified, that money would be better spent somewhere else? Well, I did... Until I stepped in it for the first time a week ago.

Now, I am addicted! I love the smell of it, I love having to fold my 6 foot tall body in and out of it, pressing the start button is so exhilarating, the driving experience is new found world, one I thought I would never experience. I get up in the morning, and find any excuse to take it out, I come back and can't find a reason to put it in the garage...

Do you ever get the feeling, after you bought something expensive, that you will never regret it? Well, I did...

Attachments

·
Older but getting faster
524 Posts
After 5-1/2 years I still feel the same way. :thumbup:

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Sweet!

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
Do you ever get the feeling, when you buy something expensive, that you might regret it, that it is not justified, that money would be better spent somewhere else? Well, I did... Until I stepped in it for the first time a week ago.
This is exactly how I felt when I brought the car home and slept that first night. I thought, OMG what have I done spending $70k on a car! But of course it went away after the first few real drives and now 7 years later I wouldn't have done it any different.

Congrats on the car!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you everyone!

I am very excited, having realized a lifelong dream.

I hope to have the chance to meet some of you on the roads!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts