The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
1995 Esprit S4S
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Broken carbon fiber center cap ring on one of my oz futura wheels.
2. Abs pump relay malfunctioning.

#1-2 are made of unatainium.

Sarcastic comments are welcome. They make me feel better.

·
Banned
938 Posts
LOL.
I'm sorry for your pain, but reading your title of your post relieved some of mine.
Luck.

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
How often do you flush your brake fluid? If I had the old ABS system with that crazy pressure switch, I would be bleeding the brakes literally every year or maybe even 6 months considering how easy it is to bleed brakes. With my V8, I will keep a 2 year interval.

Amazing how many people never change brake fluid.

·
1995 Esprit S4S
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How often do you flush your brake fluid? If I had the old ABS system with that crazy pressure switch, I would be bleeding the brakes literally every year or maybe even 6 months considering how easy it is to bleed brakes. With my V8, I will keep a 2 year interval.

Amazing how many people never change brake fluid.
Yeah, I change mine yearly. I alternate between the super blue and the amber.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I can add a god dammit of the day if it makes you feel any better.

I searched high and low for a VDO speedometer for my Esprit, finally found one but the cable input did not match, so I disassembled it to take a gear out of it for mine, and I broke the gear taking it out, son of a _____!

I only paid forty bucks for it, but DAMMIT!

We need to start a god dammit thread, wait a second, its the Lotus Esprit section of Lotus Talk.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have a Goddamit for today... Alan came over in his beautiful 98. First running v8 Ive heard in over a year.

I miss my car. goddamit.

What happens when the ABS relay starts going out?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
get some sheet CF off of ebay, make new one.. That is what I did for my Saturns...

·
Registered
1,144 Posts

I searched high and low for a VDO speedometer for my Esprit, finally found one but the cable input did not match, so I disassembled it to take a gear out of it for mine, and I broke the gear taking it out, son of a _____!

We need to start a god dammit thread, wait a second, its the Lotus Esprit section of Lotus Talk.
I have a brand new speedo if you want it. Send me a pic of the back of the speedo so I can see if it is the same.

·
Registered
175 Posts

Why not just send it off and have it repaired? There are a few decent shops... cost more than $40, but it will work again... ?

Cameron

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,095 Posts
See my Tailpipe Centering topic for my own OH JEEZ revelation.

:huh: :facepalm

·
1995 Esprit S4S
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a Goddamit for today... Alan came over in his beautiful 98. First running v8 Ive heard in over a year.

I miss my car. goddamit.

What happens when the ABS relay starts going out?
Well abs doesn't function properly, pump turns on irraticlly.

·
Registered
913 Posts
EspritNOOB I actually found yet another speedo already, I found they were actually made by VDO for a few cars and in universal gauge sets also, in a few different variations through the mid ninties. I bought another one yesterday off ebay, and I plan on again just taking the gear out to make mine work. Im keeping my fingers crossed that I can fix my existing one though, its like a quest im on. The problem with the VDOs that are non Lotus, is the size of the cable nut is larger on the Esprit and it requires swapping the cable inlet body of the speedo from my existing one to the one I bought which involves pressing a odometer drive gear out of one and into another.

If I post another "God Dammit" I will be in touch with you about that speedo.

If anyone needs oil pressure, fuel, temperature, or volts gauges, im your man, as both these speedometers I bought were in sets of VDO gauges, I now have 2 extra of every small gauge in the car.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,095 Posts
I now have 2 extra of every small gauge in the car.
If your gauges are from later VDO-equipped Esprits, the fuel gauges may be "dampened" so as not to swing up and down when partially full. You may want to put one in your car when the binnacle is removed.

I don't know how to ID the newer ones from the older ones, but Sanj might.

(just trying to eliminate another DAMMIT) :D

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
EspritNOOB I actually found yet another speedo already, I found they were actually made by VDO for a few cars and in universal gauge sets also, in a few different variations through the mid ninties. I bought another one yesterday off ebay, and I plan on again just taking the gear out to make mine work. Im keeping my fingers crossed that I can fix my existing one though, its like a quest im on. The problem with the VDOs that are non Lotus, is the size of the cable nut is larger on the Esprit and it requires swapping the cable inlet body of the speedo from my existing one to the one I bought which involves pressing a odometer drive gear out of one and into another.
OK no sweat but if you run into problems let me know. I believe mine is Esprit specific. I was going to change mine out but have no reason to so it has been sitting on my shelf for about 4 months.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts