The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got the car back from basic body and fabrication work, although there is still quite a bit more to do, like front splitter. Now I need to get it to fire with the standalone and get the dash to communicate with the stand alone. Then I need to do the basic wiring (with some little extras like manual control of the heat soak pump to circulate coolant in the turbo without engine running). Once it will run and drive under its own power, then the cosmetics and tuning can begin. In any event, I figured there is enough progress to make this worth posting.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Its no beauty queen, but I bet that car is going to be smoking fast. Ive seen it in your garage up at Cresson a few times and it looks crazy light.

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
:popcorn:
subscribed....I like it.

do you have a weight yet?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wing height is "up in the air" and may be adjusted, but that is easy. I had even thought of mounting it to the main hoop and rear downtubes.

Main hoop is high because a straight line from that hoop to the hoop in front of steering wheel must clear driver helmet by 2" per SCCA rules. What I am worried about is flak over the fact that I plan to rivet and bond the cage mounting plates to the chassis, as I do not like bolt-in cages at all. The holes wallow out fairly quickly.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
I'll be very interested to hear what sort of laps she can turn once she's sorted. I've got high hopes for some wicked quick times being posted.
:)

1 - 20 of 83 Posts