The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just put my deposit down on 2 elises..:)
refundable deposit so when the time comes i can either get my deposit back, or find someone who has to have one right away, for a price...:)
im dealing with foxvalley motorcars....tomorrow im gonna drive the demo....frankly, i feel i will love the car for what it is, but i find that most cars feel "slow" to me...:)
i have a 600hp cobra, and an evo with about 450hp at the wheels. on pump gas.
its a shame one of those cars has to go for me to get the elise...
my salesman thinks i will get my car between april and june of next year, and he said the sales manager says maybe sooner...
??, who knows, we'll see. thats ok, gives me more time to sell something....

·
Registered
24 Posts
OneFastLotus said:
I have high horsepower cars too...and the elise doesnt "feel" slow.
Good to know. Although it would suck to get passed on the highway by Nissan Z's. I've looked up the 60-100 numbers, the great quarter mile time on the Elise is done in the sprint to 60. I think it's the only thing that would bother a performance nut. You may enter corners faster than a GT3, but they'll leave you as you exit.

·
Registered
118 Posts
evomind said:
refundable deposit so when the time comes i can either get my deposit back, or find someone who has to have one right away, for a price...:)
I guess that's free enterprise, but something just feels wrong and mercenary about what you are doing.

Word of caution. Somebody at another board ended up with 2 GT3's by doing exactly the same gamble, and had a hard time flipping the second one.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
"Good to know. Although it would suck to get passed on the highway by Nissan Z's."

I raced a 350 off a light last weekend. I had a 1 car jump which stayed static until we both hit 3rd gear, at which point I left him. He humbly pulled up to me a few miles later and nodded. Heh heh. Surprisingly, only a completely worked up SS Camaro has taken me off the line. I have conquered 3 Mustangs, 1 350 Z, 2 WRX and an EVO and a bunch of others I'm surprised even tried it. I don't look for these things, but others all want to "try out" the Lotus. I'm a nice guy, so I let them try it.

I'd keep the Cobra and get the Elise. You won't be sorry.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Yeah, keep up the reports Surfer - maybe with al little more editorial comment or embellishment LOL Can't wait for more reports and my car

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I love to drive her (4,000 miles in 6 1/2 weeks!!!!), so sh*t will happen. The funniest challenge I had was from a new Dodge pickup with a HEMI LOL. The guy watched too many commercials; he actually started revving. He quickly became a black spot in my mirror. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Surferjer said:
I love to drive her (4,000 miles in 6 1/2 weeks!!!!), so sh*t will happen. The funniest challenge I had was from a new Dodge pickup with a HEMI LOL. The guy watched too many commercials; he actually started revving. He quickly became a black spot in my mirror. :rolleyes:
Did you ask him, "That thing got a HEMI?" just for laughs?

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Surferjer said:
"Good to know. Although it would suck to get passed on the highway by Nissan Z's."

I raced a 350 off a light last weekend. I had a 1 car jump which stayed static until we both hit 3rd gear, at which point I left him. He humbly pulled up to me a few miles later and nodded. Heh heh. Surprisingly, only a completely worked up SS Camaro has taken me off the line. I have conquered 3 Mustangs, 1 350 Z, 2 WRX and an EVO and a bunch of others I'm surprised even tried it. I don't look for these things, but others all want to "try out" the Lotus. I'm a nice guy, so I let them try it.

I'd keep the Cobra and get the Elise. You won't be sorry.
Keep it up Surfer!!! YOU DA MAN!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

·
Registered
648 Posts
evomind said:
im dealing with foxvalley motorcars....tomorrow im gonna drive the demo....frankly, i feel i will love the car for what it is, but i find that most cars feel "slow" to me...:)
i have a 600hp cobra, and an evo with about 450hp at the wheels. on pump gas.
its a shame one of those cars has to go for me to get the elise...
my salesman thinks i will get my car between april and june of next year, and he said the sales manager says maybe sooner...
??, who knows, we'll see. thats ok, gives me more time to sell something....
450hp at the wheels??? that's HUGE! That's more than any of the Evo's being tuned int he UK right now...

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Nice conundrum you have on which car to keep!!:)

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for the comments guys..
first off, im not rich...i kinda got lucky with the cobra...some of u track guys might actually like it....besides the power put a full griggs suspension and k memeber on it...strengthened the chassis, but the car is too heavy to compete with lighter cars on twisty tracks....
i will be very sorry to see the evo go....i put a lot of time, money, and effort in her...yes, its huge power, but not the most ive seen. i can tune it for race gas and get another 75 hp out of it...
i love how the elise looks and its just a special car....its something that i feel will always be special. i plan on modding it as much i can because i find that fun and i derive great pleasure from that....
as far as putting money down on 2....hmmmm..maybe it is kinda mercinistic...i dont know....ill probably wind up just getting my deposit back...
anyway, i drove the elise and i love the car...i love how it looks and drives...yes, it feels pretty slow, but thats something that can be played with....i had the car up to 100mph and it felt pretty stable for such a small light car...
i did take some sharp corners..the steering felt a bit heavy to me...maybe im just not used to it....the only thing i didnt like is that the pedals are too close together....other than that, very cool car.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I'm somewhat contemplating putting a turbo charger on mine, although it's unlikely. I've been told it would take the hP to 250 or so. Frankly, I don't need it to go any faster, although it is a bit alluring. I'd like to keep it stock for autoX and just focus on my driving for a while. Maybe I'll mod the heck out of it in 5-6 years after I've used up it's daily driver abilities....

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hahaha
i admire ur patience....i dont even have mine yet and im looking at what can be done...:)

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
bboersma
i think i am at about 200....
my salesman told me next spring, like may or so, another salesman told me next fall.....so i have no idea when to expect anything....

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
200 by may 05?

rotfl rotfl rotfl

1 - 20 of 25 Posts