The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... to go my my non-supercharged British cars.

This one is MUCH more useful -- and it's also a lot of fun.

It's an '05 with all the trimmings. :coolnana:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Nice combo!

But aren't the new Minis German? :confused:

·
Registered
664 Posts
I am selling the same thing today. And it is as English as my airplane.
You gonna love it though. Just dont compare it to Lotus. They are not even close.
Very nice options BTW

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
british? mini?

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Very nice!:bow: Have a friend with a GP and he loves it! His is the grey w/red mirrors. Very quick car.:shift: Still no backseat though.:rolleyes:

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
Very nice! I love the MCS. I'm trying to convince my gf to buy one but she says it's too expensive for a fun car :wallbang: She wants a NA Miata instead.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Let me know how many windshields you go through.
Interesting to see it with blue carpet and trim. good luck and enjoy.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did you get to test a Turbocharged one as well, Exigent? Congrats!!

I did drive the new turbocharged one. I liked it. I don't think it's quite as connected, but the engine is probably better. I like the look of the R53 (older new MINI) better. Biggest issue was $$ -- to equip a new MCS the way I wanted it, I'd be looking at $31k. This 13k miles used MCS was equipped with 99% of what I wanted, and it cost me far less. And it has more than a year of warranty remaining.

I can always order a new one if I fall in love with the MINI experience. I'm sure the new JCW cars will be sweet. I got the best MCS around for the price I was willing to spend.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
are you gonna keep the exige?
Yeah. It's not going anywhere (and I mean that literally because it seems like there is never an opportunity to drive it).

Oh well. It's fun to look at. :wallbang:

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Exigent, why isn't is red?

Noble

I was going to buy a red one. Located the car and was all set to do it. Then I found this one with the blacked out mesh grill, the anthracite headliner, the nicer seats (not the lounge seats), chrono package, chrome line interior, and better wheels.

The red one began to look a bit wimpy in comparison. This car was also the better value. More stuff for the same money. I like black. Looks like I'll be buying a lot of Zaino .. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Very nice! I love the MCS. I'm trying to convince my gf to buy one but she says it's too expensive for a fun car :wallbang: She wants a NA Miata instead.
How do you explain your Lotus?

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Let me know how many windshields you go through.
Interesting to see it with blue carpet and trim. good luck and enjoy.
Is the vertical screen a target for stones? I can only imagine.

I like the black & blue combo. I never would have thought of it to build it that way - but I think it actually works. I need to clean the carpets and order some mats ASAP.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts