The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I'd just like to say that I LOVE MY ELISE! I picked it up on Saturday and have had a grin on my face ever since. I was brought up in a Lotus Family - my father has a series two Lotus 7, a Lotus 6, a baby Elan and a Mark 1 Lotus Cortina, so I spent many hours in school doodling Colin Chapman's initials in my workbooks!

I see that opinions vary slightly on how to best run-in the car, so I'm keeping below 6000 RPM for the most part and using the gearbox as much as possible within reason - and it's still bags of fun. I can't wait to properly open her up!!!

Hello to Alan (matt black Elise with multiple mods!) who welcomed me to 'Club Lotus' at the Bev Hills dealership!

Can any of you recommend the best police-free/ smooth/ bendy/ hilly roads in and around LA????

THANKS

Richard

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
I see..........so tell me, how long have you been in love with your car ?? since Saturday ?? Very interesting.... I vould recommend you read your manual cover to cover it'll tell you what you need to know about break in.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Go to Supercar Sunday, turn left at Valley Circle heading west to the shops and parking lot.

Sunday mornings 8 AM

Talk to everyone about drives in the area!

Enjoy your car - slowly in and out of driveways!

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Oh, and keep grinning; It makes people wonder what you've been up to. rotfl

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just posted a pic and for some reason it's not showing up. Ah well - my car is an 07 in polar blue with the touring and premium packs. I did read the manual cover to cover, and what a riveting piece of literature it is! Manuals do tend to be conservative but am gonna play it safe despite the natural urges of my right foot!

Of course they've decided to pull the road up on the PCH (between Sunset and Topanga) the week I finally buy my own Lotus! I can wait!

Thanks again all that replied

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Out of Santa Monica, head North on PCH, right on Decker Canyon to Mulhollland
Highway to the San Fernando Valley.

Nice drive.

·
Premium Member
11,717 Posts
Congrats.

Since 2005, I still can't help but smile when I see or drive mine.

Have a great time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts