The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had to share. So a Lotus owner just called me about a couple items for her car, and we got to talking a bit. I really don't think she has any idea how much she made my day just by talking to her, but she has to be by far one of the coolest people on the planet.

Linda is 73 years YOUNG and goes by the name "Leadfoot LuLu" She is a Lotus owner, on her second one actually, and races her car! Her race number is "73 and counting" (is that not the cutest thing ever?). She participates in Autocrosses and has even done a track day.

She was telling me that she just got her first set of race tires in. Well she was sitting there, with a race coming up- and no one to take her tires to the track- so she got out there and put her race tires on herself, torqued them down, drove it to the track, and re-torqued them. I'm sorry, but there is no way you cannot love this lady! Then changed back to her street tires when she got home.

Some of you out there have to know her and her Silver Lotus. She said Diesche Works did her race alignment and mentioned ordering from BlackWatchRacing. As well as the Golden Gate Lotus club and that she has attended Santa Row. (but prefers doing drives!)

I asked if she was on the forum and she knew of it but said she's never joined a message board, chat room, etc as it was mostly guys that wanted people the wrote technical stuff (Bah ha!) I assured her that we here would LOVE her to participate.

Anyway she just made my day and was one of the neatest people to talk to. I hope I'm that cool when I'm 73.

Can some of you chime in here if you know her (or even if you don't) and give her a warm welcome? I'd love to see some response and then show this to her and hopefully she'll become active.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Yeah - I've met her a couple of times at GGLC events. She is on her 2nd Elise - had a NA one and drove the wheels off it and then traded it for her current SC one. :clap:

She still owes me a ride in the silver one :)

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Q

·
0 Posts
I had an old dude buy my old Porsche 914 many years ago. He was 82 and was the oldest SCCA-legal racer at the time. He has since past on.

He sold all of his racing cars and ended up driving his wife nuts. I wasn't sure who was happier to get the 914... the old dude or his wife.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
Lotus Ltd

Join Lotus Ltd if you haven't already.

The club, local and national, is full of folks like this. Lotusphiles whose experience with Lotus cars goes beyond the Elige/Exise, and who really use the cars. Of all ages and persuasions.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Linda comes to almost all of our GGLC autoX events and meets. I'll ask her to join this forum, too.

Can some of you chime in here if you know her (or even if you don't) and give her a warm welcome? I'd love to see some response and then show this to her and hopefully she'll become active.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
She has well earn the title of lead foot (and has the tickets to prove it!). She has gotten pretty darn quick at the autox (she’s made almost everyone in the last 3 years). In any case here are a few pics from yesterday of her kicking up some cones….

SweetDaddyD- I'll be PM' ing you soon about decals for the autox.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 52 Posts