The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum and I'm still looking to buy my first Elise, but I'd really like to contribute as much as possible and gain some new friends who love Lotus as much as I do.

So, would anyone be interested in visiting Jay Leno's garage and hanging out with him a bit? He's a friend of the family, and I go to his place every so often. He's just as nice and genuine as you've heard, and a TRUE car fanatic. Just don't tell him any jokes... he will be nice and listen all the way through, but it's hard to impress him LOL.

I'll use this thread to gauge whether people would even be interested or not, and then go from there.

-Ryan

·
Registered
956 Posts
Yes please. Seeing Jay's garage is on my bucket list for sure. I'd need a +1 too for my car crazy fiance as well. She's about to be an Exige owner as well.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Yes, tell me when and where and Ill be there.

I cant imagine why Jay would need any of our help however.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cant imagine why Jay would need any of our help however.
Woops, didn't mean to imply anything like that. This is more of a "hey guys, anyone wanna hang out for a day at Jay's garage?" kind of thing. More than likely he'll be there, or I can try to arrange a time when he'll be there anyway. But his car collection is so over-the-top outstanding that I thought I might share it with you guys. :)

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Jay gets cars, that is apparent from his interviews and pieces in popular mechanics (or is it one of the car rags?).

I think Jerry Siendfeld is a genuine car guy as well.

I am sometimes skeptical of owners of fabulous car collections as bored rich guys.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am sometimes skeptical of owners of fabulous car collections as bored rich guys.
I'd have to be discreet about anything personal I say about him, so I'll have to refrain. But, I can assure you, his collection has less to do with money and much more about his true passion for vehicles altogether - he's not very "Hollywood" at all.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
its a great visit, the collection is 'very' eclectic... lots of steam engines! and lots of small affordable cars, and lots of not so affordable bugatti's and such. the work shop is expansive.

he does seem to have a gordon murray fetish though :) i mean... who doesn't!

no race cars except for bernards stuff if it happens to be around, he is the racer. and has a nice atlantic car.

makes for a fun day!

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I'd have to be discreet about anything personal I say about him, so I'll have to refrain. But, I can assure you, his collection has less to do with money and much more about his true passion for vehicles altogether - he's not very "Hollywood" at all.
Like I said its obvious he is a real car guy.

Us car guys can identify other members of our group quite easily. Its called cardar, kinda like gaydar.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Welcome!

Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum and I'm still looking to buy my first Elise, but I'd really like to contribute as much as possible and gain some new friends who love Lotus as much as I do.

So, would anyone be interested in visiting Jay Leno's garage and hanging out with him a bit? He's a friend of the family, and I go to his place every so often. He's just as nice and genuine as you've heard, and a TRUE car fanatic. Just don't tell him any jokes... he will be nice and listen all the way through, but it's hard to impress him LOL.

I'll use this thread to gauge whether people would even be interested or not, and then go from there.

-Ryan

First of all, welcome to Lotus family.
I would definately love to be at Jay Leno's garage. And I think his collections are just amazing. Too bad, I am in Texas. Hopefully, it could happen in some days.
Good luck with your Lotus search!

·
give me my second cam!
478 Posts
I live in So Cal so I would love to go and see Jay Lenos car collection...count me in!:coolnana:

·
Registered
400 Posts
I'm in Michigan, but with some advance planning it might be possible for me to join you. After all, Leno's garage is a car person's bucket list item.

BTW -- welcome to the world of Lotus.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
If the timing was right I would fly out from the East Coast for this. Just let me know.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts