The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Using Lotus know how in its Body shell this is the New Aston Martin AM V8. £70,000+ But (11 GT3 beating lap times.........I know its not a Lotus...............but...............Bloody Hell you must admit your impressed.

Buy British...Not German!
Cheers
Mega

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
AMV8's gorgeous and if I were in the market for a GT, I'd probably get one over a 911.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
God I love Astons. Lotuses (Loti?) are nice, but I'd be tempted to kill for an Aston Martin.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Wow, that's a very clean, flowing and smooth design.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Mega said:
11 GT3 beating lap times
Where is this information posted? I have been looking for data on this car, as the dealer doesn't have any hard figures. Not sure what route Aston is taking with this car.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Perhaps, but see the AMV8 in person, and there's no way in hell you'll make that mistake! The G35 looks quite flabby in comparison. The front of the Aston is aggressively flaired out, and then there is a sharp pinch in the side of the body starting at the front fenders. Like a bow and arrow, ready to release.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Vantage said:
Perhaps, but see the AMV8 in person, and there's no way in hell you'll make that mistake! The G35 looks quite flabby in comparison.
I can believe that as the Lotus in person is a much difference experience then from pictures

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
1FASTMX5 said:
It's really nice but not ground breaking in it's looks. Kinda looks like a sleeker nicer version of new G35 Sport w/ a Z8 side gill IMHO.

Interestingly, I believe the same guy penned the Z8 as the Vantage.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Er Well i will try to give what info i have. Reported in the British motoring press that the Am V8 have been timed around the "Ring" faster than GT3 911's.

Aston Test drivers gave Porsches Factory testers a "Nasty surpize" and many other have noted its pace. The Tec spec it a light weight alloy V8 as to be used by both Jag and Landrover. This Motor will have "Aston only" cycinder heads.

Also only to the Aston it will be Dry sumped for lower CofG. The Motor will be place far back almost into the firewall (Like Chapman did with the first Elan) The Gearbox either a 6 speed Shift stick or 6 speed auto is placed over the rear axle like the Porsche 944/968.

No News to the gearbox but talk of a Duel clutch type for F1 style changes. The weight is said to be 1450 KGs and the car is said to be far stiffer than the new 911.

Funny thing is its a German behind it!.........and he likes to drive Astons Le Man car in his spare time........What a guy!

Cheers
Mega

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Henrik Fisker. Although I'm not sure he did the Z8, he did do this Aston.

My second favorite designer to Steve Crijins at Lotus.

AM does have production equivalents of this car already made. That is why it surprises me that they have a test mule on track. They should have the bugs already sorted out... Maybe this is the Vantage version? Or whatever the spiffier version of the AMV8 will be??!!? Undoubtedly, a beaute of a car...
:clap:

·
Registered
361 Posts
I would trade my 911 and my (coming soon) Elise for one of these in a second. I've been seriously considering putting my name on the list.

I never thought I'd buy a $100K car, hell $40K has me up at nights, but this is the first one that makes me think that might be a bargain. Aston Martins are, IMO, the most beautiful cars inthe world - bar none. And this one is, finally, built for purists like me.

-Dave
'00 996 C2 w/GT3 aero
'03 Evolution VIII
'89 M3
'97 M3 (pending sale)
'05 Lotus Elise (due next month)

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
I love the AMV8. That will be my next car after the Elise. Hopefully...

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
1FASTMX5 said:
It's really nice but not ground breaking in it's looks. Kinda looks like a sleeker nicer version of new G35 Sport w/ a Z8 side gill IMHO.

1Fast, If you look at the lines of Astons, that has been their shape for many many years. I don't think they copied it from Infinity

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
NtflBlueLiz said:
1Fast, If you look at the lines of Astons, that has been their shape for many many years. I don't think they copied it from Infinity
Why those Aston Martin copying bastards :D

1 - 20 of 76 Posts