The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Struts on the front, which is bad considering it weighs so much. The recent older Camaros had a good double A-arm setup on the front, this is a step backwards. Still, if you don't mind clunky handling, I bet it goes fast in a straight line.

·
Registered
571 Posts
My first 2 cars were 69 camaros. Great car, loved the style. The car was just too old. I always wanted a modern 69 Camaro but this one just isn't 69 enough for me. I'd rather buy a 69 camaro and update it. That said my dad bought a new 97 Camaro SS and LOVED it. Said it was one of his favorite all time cars. Just behind the 275 gtb4, 250swb, and 70 1/2 Z28. (well behind the Ferrari's though)

I personally didn't like the car, ergonomics, plastic, loud rear end. I despise skip shift. If you don't get the revs above 2500 before shifting it forces you into 4th gear.

That said, I think this will be a much better handling car than previous models and I'd love to drive one.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
+1 on being 5 years too late. GM is BIG & SLOW, I hope the Camaro isn't.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
I'm an old Camaro guy ( 68 SS ). I think they did a great job with it ! and although I hate chrysler, they did a good job on the Challenger also.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Looks great... can't wait to see them on the road...

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
What part of it is "Vaguely Lotus Styling?" You talking about the fact that it has four wheels and a windshield?

xtn

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What part of it is "Vaguely Lotus Styling?" You talking about the fact that it has four wheels and a windshield?

xtn
rotflrotfl

No, I mean it's got some nice curves, unlike a Mustang for example.

It just might be the last time in history to buy a V8 muscle car and they are talking mid $30k for a 422 hp car.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
It might actually drive fairly well. It's built on the Holden Commodore platform (the Zeta platform developed in Australia) and those things seem to handle nicely. As for looks, it's very retro to my eyes-very '69 Camaro to me. But that's not bad. The young guy, Sangyup Lee, who designed it says he really didn't know the old Camaro was such an icon. I think he did a good job updating it.

Tom

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
rotflrotfl

No, I mean it's got some nice curves, unlike a Mustang for example.

It just might be the last time in history to buy a V8 muscle car and they are talking mid $30k for a 422 hp car.
what lotus outside of the Elise/Exige has nice curves?
Elan - meh
Esprit - no curves
Elite - nope again.
old or new Europa?
the Evora - slightly.

Over all, the new Camaro doesn't excite me.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what lotus outside of the Elise/Exige has nice curves?
Elan - meh
Esprit - no curves
Elite - nope again.
old or new Europa?
the Evora - slightly.

Over all, the new Camaro doesn't excite me.
Ok, nice curves like MY Lotus.:p

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I love it....I would seriously consider getting the convertible when it comes out.... but then again I am a former vette guy....

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I had a friend in High School with an old late '60's Camaro. It reminds me a lot of those days which I know is their point. I wouldn't want one as a track car but I'd definitely take it over a 'Stang or Challenger for a cool DD.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Profile looks nice, very much in favor of the more retro look that's come for the reintroduced muscle cars. Fully expect the interior to be absolute crap, every american car I've driven keeps reinforcing the belief that we can't design a car interior to save our asses. Handling I'll wait to say till it arrives, I'd default to being skeptical but there have been a few good examples coming out of the US.

And yes, definitely 5 years too late.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts