The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That’s right! I got my Liz. I would like to tell you that it handled fantastic, but I cannot as it was practically a torrential downpour when I picked it up. Noah would have been proud.
What I can report is that fit and finish is very good. I also had no problem getting in and out. The key thing to remember in order to enter the car easily is to push the seat back. Provided you do this you will have no problems.

For those that wondered, the roof is absolutely water tight. I as in the kind of rain that would have made Noah proud and nothing got in until I opened the door. The seats are comfortable for being so thin and the driving position is very good.

As I sat in the Elise as hard as I tried to avoid it, I nonetheless instantly became a racecar driver…. It transforms you… Just deal with it. Even in the kind of rain that washes away small villages I found myself zipping along at 85+ mph effortlessly. Wet handling with the street suspension is great. I will warn you now: IT IS VERY HARD TO KEEP THE ENGINE UNDER 4500 RPMS. Not because of some design flaw, or because there is insufficient power below that level (indeed it has plenty) , but because you want to go fast… All the time. You know what it can do and you wan to a little taste.

The reaction of people as you drive by is astonishing. Most just stare, if more than two people are present the conversation instantly changes to one about the car. One guy exclaimed loudly as I drove by,” YOU HAVE A BEAUTIFUL CAR!”. Girl looked on jealously as my girlfriend stepped out. I could actually see the diameter of her cranium increase, or it could have been the rain in my eyes?
I know how they feel when they see it for the first time. They feel exactly as I felt. I remember seeing the Elise in motion as it was pulled around. It looked very exotic… Like a Ferrari, but better some how. You just know that it’s something very special. We are all very fortunate to have the chance to own something this wonderful.

The Bad: Only one small niggle; the radio was not picking up any stations when I initially turned it on. The techs pulled out the unit and found that a connection on the back of the head unit was not connected properly. They secured the lose jack and tunes bust forth.

I look forward to the day when I’ll be able to take the top off and enjoy this fine automobile in all its glory.

PS: I took my camera but didn’t get to take any picture due to the very heavy rain. I will snap some when the weather clears and post them in the picture thread.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Time to change your sig:)

What color did you get?

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Wow, that's awesome Derek !!! Congratulations and thanks for checking in, please continue to do so and pics would be great !

·
Registered
963 Posts
Congrats! What color did you end up getting? Where do you live that you are getting all the rain? That sucks. Hopefully the weather gets better quickly. Are you taking the rest of the week off work? :D

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tidalwdave said:
Congrats! What color did you end up getting? Where do you live that you are getting all the rain? That sucks. Hopefully the weather gets better quickly. Are you taking the rest of the week off work? :D
I got BRP... I was very worried that the color would be lighter that I had wanted, but it is indeed a deep dark wine red. It looks very classy. Unfortunately the weather in western PA truly sucks and while I would love to take the rest of the week off… what's the point, it's gonna rain anyway.

I will echo the words of the other new owners... The wait is well worth it. When you first see your car you'll think this must be a dream, the idea that you could possible really be getting something this special. I’ve seen some really nice pictures of the Elise… Picture do the car no justice… And in motion it even better. This car is a work of art. THANK YOU LOTUS!

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Wow. Congrats Derek!

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Congrats, Derek! I also got BRP. I'm suspecting what others have said-looks like they did a run of BRP and a run of Ardent. I couldn't be happier.

A question-mine does not have a radio antenna. Does yours? My radio reception is poor. I'm not overly concerned as I already put in XM, so I won't be listening anyway. But I am curious.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Congratulations Derek! Say, how's the heel 'n toe action? Is the brake pedal dead for the first inch or so of travel?

It's weird and cool at the same time to see ppl that have been posting for so long ACTUALLY getting cars! I still can't believe it.:D :clap:

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
_JD_ said:
It's weird and cool at the same time to see ppl that have been posting for so long ACTUALLY getting cars! I still can't believe it.:D :clap:
I think they are all Lotus plants;)

I will believe it when I get mine:D

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Surfer, none of the federalized cars will have radio antennas that stick out away from the car - as in prior Elise models, where the aerial is on the engine/boot deck lid. Instead they're incorporated into the body of the car (forget where, someone will know). This is probably explained somewhere in your manual.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Surfer,
The radio antenna is located in the fount of the car (under the access panels somewhere). My cars reception is pretty good. Bass response isn’t great, but to tell the truth I was kinda busy listening to the music coming from the engine bay. What XM unit did you go with and could you take a picture of how it looks installed?

JD,
Heel n’ Toe action? I can’t say yet as I didn’t really do any due to the break in and weather. With my size 11 Speedcats on my feets actually felt small. I will point out the obvious, the accelerator pedal gets slippery when. If you drive in the rain or step in water you might want to wipe off your shoes.
As for the brake pedal being dead for the first inch… If it is I didn’t notice it, I will go for a spin later (weather permitting) and let you know.

MW,
I will try to take some pictures after I clean her up (hit a few puddles and want her to look perfect). For some reason I’m looking forward to cleaning my car:confused:

Thanks for all the well wishes, I'll keep you posted.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
Derek said:
The reaction of people as you drive by is astonishing. Most just stare, if more than two people are present the conversation instantly changes to one about the car. One guy exclaimed loudly as I drove by,” YOU HAVE A BEAUTIFUL CAR!”. Girl looked on jealously as my girlfriend stepped out. I could actually see the diameter of her cranium increase, or it could have been the rain in my eyes?
cool! congratulations!!!
Derek said:
I know how they feel when they see it for the first time. They feel exactly as I felt. I remember seeing the Elise in motion as it was pulled around. It looked very exotic… Like a Ferrari, but better some how. You just know that it’s something very special. We are all very fortunate to have the chance to own something this wonderful.
i cried after reading this. beautiful... :D

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Derek said:
I will go for a spin later (weather permitting)
Please try not to

:eek:

Congratulations....I know I am so close.....I have my VIN now...:D

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ahhhhhh NOoooooo. Everyone getting BRP now. That's my color :( Maybe they'll make mine sooner then and give me an early X-Mas present. Congrats on the car. It's killing me waiting for it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts