The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously quite a nice Lotus---very different than my others......
I even took it grocery shopping!!
Btw, has anyone else heard a weird grinding noise in 1st/2nd gears when first starting out?
The car is brand spanking new and I wonder if the "Box" is just getting broken in?

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Congrats! Beautiful Evora! Love the black package. I am sure you will love it.
I have had mine 3 mo and 5000 miles and never had any sounds from the gearbox- or any issues at all for that matter. Could it be a caliper not releasing completely?

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Many of us have noticed the same noise. For most of us, it hasn't become a problem.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
a LOT of us have that low speed gear rattling/grinding/overall awful noise issues. I get it pretty much only in 1st/2nd below about 2100 rpm. Then it goes away.

I have noticed that the transmission drives awesome when you beat the snot out of it...but is utter ****e at low speed, gentle driving.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats! Beautiful Evora! Love the black package. I am sure you will love it.
I have had mine 3 mo and 5000 miles and never had any sounds from the gearbox- or any issues at all for that matter. Could it be a caliper not releasing completely?
You know, I really like the Black Pack as well.
Almost wish they were all done in two tone colors---I think the black really sets the car --- the quartz silver is better than I expected--I always buy silver or gray cars in general and this might just be best yet---I had not seen the car in person until it arrived at 9:45pm last night from Texas!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
a LOT of us have that low speed gear rattling/grinding/overall awful noise issues. I get it pretty much only in 1st/2nd below about 2100 rpm. Then it goes away.

I have noticed that the transmission drives awesome when you beat the snot out of it...but is utter ****e at low speed, gentle driving.
Thanks guys--I figured so---being a longtime Lotus owner I had just ignored the noise---one of my non-Lotus buddies drove it and was worried.
Then TenX stopped by and drove it. He laughed and said don't worry about it!
I cannot wait to break in the car--- I think the gear box feels much better than any other Lotus I have owned.
I agree that the gear box wants to be driving aggressively----it reminds me of the short shift kit from Bimmerworld that's in my Spec E36

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Nothing brings out the lines of the car like the black package. Something about it makes the car look longer in leaner and I like that.

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Looks great Doc, congrats on the new addition. Pretty lust worthy garage!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Very nice, Jay!

Are you heading up to VIR for the ALMS race in September? I'm taking mine up Saturday, probably mid-morning, if you're up for a little convoy.

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
When you were putting that garage floor in, did you know you'd have this car someday? Sure fits in well!

What are you planning to carry to track with a double hauler?

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
I get that noise too--at low RPMs in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. At first I thought it was a rattle in the heat shield between the engine and boot, but it's just the Evora's truck gears.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Hey doc is that bottom box a Snap-On KRA-1000? Looks like the one I have. Oh.. but the cars...

The garage is awesome and you own a two-11? Would you like a 50 year old retired auto mechanic to service your cars? I'll live in the basement on KFC chicken nuggets.

Looking at that last picture the J-Low ass sure looks sweet!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I get that noise too--at low RPMs in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. At first I thought it was a rattle in the heat shield between the engine and boot, but it's just the Evora's truck gears.
Did anyone say you look alot like Johnny Depp?

See you at Lime Rock... are you bringing the Evora? I need a test ride because life is not a test drive.

·
Premium Member
6,602 Posts
TADTSTADTSTADTSTADTSTADTSTADTSTADTSTADTSTADTSTADTSTADTSTADTS

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
doc, should I be expecting your call? :D

We've now achieved about 300whp out of an NA Evora. Just requires the right mods;)

Congrats!

Phil

·
Premium Member
4,680 Posts
doc, should I be expecting your call? :D

We've now achieved about 300whp out of an NA Evora. Just requires the right mods;)

Congrats!

Phil

Phil, you are such an enabler .... Jay already has some serious car "issues". :D

He doesn't want to put headers and a cold air-intake on his car. :thwack:

The Evora was supposed to be his stock, "non-mod money pit" car. rotfl

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When you were putting that garage floor in, did you know you'd have this car someday? Sure fits in well!

What are you planning to carry to track with a double hauler?
E36 x2 or E36 + 2-11 or E36 + Fiat:cool:
Or when we go to Daytona in December you could put your Elise in there with the 2-11 to save on gas

1 - 20 of 26 Posts