The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had to come here and say that - while they aren't the cheapest ($55/month for my Exige) their customer service is second to none. Every time I call my agent they know exactly who I am from just saying "hi, it's Ross" - somehow they have my records pulled up and in front of them instantly. Every time I have to discuss something with them it's instantly "which car are we talking about, the Audi or Lotus" without me giving my number, last name, etc. Extremely friendly and helpful every time. Compare this to AT&T where I type in my number as soon as the computer answer the phone and the agent still asks me for it each time.

I'm sure this varies greatly from agent to agent - if you're in the Denver area Jack Jewel is the man. To be clear I'm not affiliated with them in any way, just a very happy customer. Those that know me know I tend to be "that guy" - as in "that guy that -insert insanity here-".

That's all - back to your regularly schedule LT BS....

·
Premium Member
11,717 Posts
Compare this to AT&T where I type in my number as soon as the computer answer the phone and the agent still asks me for it each time.
rotfl

This happens frequently and is surprisingly annoying.

State Farm has been very good to/for me for a couple of decades.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I have very similar experiences with Farmers. I have a great local agent that is always willing to help me out. I purchase cars, work on them a few months then flip them very often and they always will print me up a form to show the tax office I have insurance on the car even if I dont, but still need a title transfer.
However I spend about $230 a month on my Elise, it sucks being young sometimes

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
USAA has been very good too. Last year I had two claims each totaled over $5000 in repairs, neither were my fault. My claims were paid promptly, and my annual premium was actually reduced.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I just had to come here and say that - while they aren't the cheapest ($55/month for my Exige) their customer service is second to none. Every time I call my agent they know exactly who I am from just saying "hi, it's Ross" - somehow they have my records pulled up and in front of them instantly. Every time I have to discuss something with them it's instantly "which car are we talking about, the Audi or Lotus" without me giving my number, last name, etc. Extremely friendly and helpful every time. Compare this to AT&T where I type in my number as soon as the computer answer the phone and the agent still asks me for it each time.

I'm sure this varies greatly from agent to agent - if you're in the Denver area Jack Jewel is the man. To be clear I'm not affiliated with them in any way, just a very happy customer. Those that know me know I tend to be "that guy" - as in "that guy that -insert insanity here-".

That's all - back to your regularly schedule LT BS....
25 years with StateFarm. Clean record. Had 8 Ferrari's, 8 911's, 3 Lamborghini's, 2 Lotus Esprit's, and a Pantera. All were with Hagerty, Grundy and StateFarm. ( oh yeah + a gazillion muscle cars)

I am on the hunt for an Elise. StateFarm quoted me this week $717.00 for 6 months. i am 40, and have a clean record + a history of exotics.

Care to share how you get $55.00 a month?

I would love to stay with StateFarm, but I am going to pull my truck, 911 and House from them after the Elise estimate.

perhaps i should go online or call the 800 number, and not deal with my local agent?

Thanks for any help. This is a big deal to me.

·
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not really sure, that's just my rate. I do have home, life and 3 cars with them so I get discounts for all that, I've had no tickets/accidents in 15+ years and have excellent credit. Could also be my zip code as I understand rates can vary greatly. It is also listed as a pleasure car with less than 5k miles a year and I have pretty high deductibles (like $2k). Since she's a track car she rarely gets driven on the street and if I have an incident on the track it won't be covered anyway.

What state/area are you in?

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,458 Posts
Not really sure, that's just my rate. I do have home, life and 3 cars with them so I get discounts for all that, I've had no tickets/accidents in 15+ years and have excellent credit. Could also be my zip code as I understand rates can vary greatly. It is also listed as a pleasure car with less than 5k miles a year and I have pretty high deductibles (like $2k). Since she's a track car she rarely gets driven on the street and if I have an incident on the track it won't be covered anyway.

What state/area are you in?
$2K deductible explains it. That's definately not something normal people that drive their car on the street do.

San

·
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, totally fair. The deductible on my RS4 and Pathfinder are both $500 so they are a bit more. I think my total for all 3 is about $150/month.

To my point they aren't the cheapest but I love what I get for my money with them. Few companies I say that about.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,458 Posts
Yeah, totally fair. The deductible on my RS4 and Pathfinder are both $500 so they are a bit more. I think my total for all 3 is about $150/month.

To my point they aren't the cheapest but I love what I get for my money with them. Few companies I say that about.
I have a 100/250 deductible. If someone dings my door it costs me $100. I never park next to anyone but worst case scenario I'm only out $100.

My insurance was very reasonable until I added my kids to my policy. Being a parent is expensive.

San

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
25 years with StateFarm. Clean record. Had 8 Ferrari's, 8 911's, 3 Lamborghini's, 2 Lotus Esprit's, and a Pantera. All were with Hagerty, Grundy and StateFarm. ( oh yeah + a gazillion muscle cars)

I am on the hunt for an Elise. StateFarm quoted me this week $717.00 for 6 months. i am 40, and have a clean record + a history of exotics.

I would love to stay with StateFarm, but I am going to pull my truck, 911 and House from them after the Elise estimate.

perhaps i should go online or call the 800 number, and not deal with my local agent?

Thanks for any help. This is a big deal to me.
21 years old, Geico, $500 deductible, maxed out everything possible, 1 very minor ticket over 1 year ago, $70-something a month for my elise :shrug:

·
Registered
21 Posts

I just called State Farm today to get a ballpark estimate on an 05 Elise. I've been with them for about 3 months... they quoted $92 a month, plus a multi-car discount (so probably $85ish).

I'm 29 and tend to get pulled over a bit (usually for stickers because I always forget them), but just got back from a year and a half in Afghanistan so at least that part of the record is clean :D

On-topic, they've had great service so far and had by FAR the best full-coverage prices of anyone I've checked with on my RX350... like, half the price of the closest contender. Only hiccup was that the agent had never heard of Lotus and I had to spell everything out rotfl

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
MadMonkey,

Have you tried USAA? May want to give them a call at least.

And, yeah, I know I'm assuming that your 1.5 years in Afghanistan wasn't for reporting the news...

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
MadMonkey,

And, yeah, I know I'm assuming that your 1.5 years in Afghanistan wasn't for reporting the news...
USAA is great. I was with them for 10+ years until a friend became as Country Insurance agent. Country is also great BTW.

·
Registered
553 Posts
USAA is awesome, but expensive. I think it's worth the extra but there was a time that I switched to Geico for 6 months because it was 40% of the cost I was paying through USAA. However, they cancelled my policy for some reason and when I got another quote, they raised the price by two folds!

Went back to USAA. Once I get back from the deployment I'll have to check the rates. USAA's "storage" rate is rather nice, but still expensive compared to the other two cars.

It doesn't help that I'm single and 25 though. Once you get married, I think the rates drop like crazy.

·
Registered
21 Posts
MadMonkey,

Oops, I usually post a little side note when I mention my time overseas. I was a contractor, not military, so I can't jump on any of those discounts.

Thanks though!

·
Nein Kinder
1,568 Posts
I just had to come here and say that - while they aren't the cheapest ($55/month for my Exige) their customer service is second to none.
State Farm has made the top ten worst car insurance companies for many years. My wife was side swiped in front of 6 cops as they all left a training facility where she had been teaching them a class on evidence collection. The offending 76-year old driver was cited for running a red light and several other infractions. Despite the police report that included cops as witnesses, State Farm tried to accuse my wife of fraud to avoid paying the claim (they insured the other driver too). When we called BS on that, the next adjuster told us she had cancer and would lose her job if she paid us. The third adjuster pretended she didn't speak English.

When I complained about the bad service to my State Farm agent, he told me he couldn't do anything about it because he just sold policies and paid for broken windshields. They paid, but not until we went through a lot of foolishness.

Glen

1 - 20 of 26 Posts