The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From a member on Seloc.

Lotus Elise: a real sports car. A pure sport car. A featherweight with no unnecessary driver aids that detract from the driving experience. No dynamic stability management. No active yaw control. No electronic brake distribution. No traction control. No throttle by wire. No 4 x 4. No sequential paddle gearchange. No power steering. No power mirrors. No heated 8-way power seats. Little in the way of sound deadening materials. No cruise control. No cup holders. Sure, it's small, loud and impractical. If you want quiet, buy a BMW. If you need to haul a lot of stuff, get a van. If you need to stretch out, rent a limo. But if you want to go fast, seriously fast, sit down, strap in, shut up and hang on.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
>>>This thing has NO CUPHOLDERS????!!!<<<

Things like that may lead to some early cars for folks not on the lists, or with a high number. I've spoken to folks now driving E46 M3s and Jag convertibles who think that the Elise just might work for them. They don't understand that the Elise is night and day different from their present rides. Most folks are not as hard core as the Lotus Elise, not that there is anything wrong with that. I wouldn't be surprised if some people cancel after trying to get in and out once or twice.

Some cars wind up with the "right" type of owner (matched car and owner needs/capabilities/expectations) by the 2nd or 3rd go around.

Stan

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
pinmagic said:
This thing has NO CUPHOLDERS????!!!
NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHYYYY?? WHHHYYYY, GOD!?!? WHYYYYYyyyyy?

Cancel my order! Throw in the towel! It was all for nothing!!!

;)

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,638 Posts
Pimping said:
From a member on Seloc.

Lotus Elise: a real sports car. A pure sport car. A featherweight with no unnecessary driver aids that detract from the driving experience. No dynamic stability management. No active yaw control. No electronic brake distribution. No traction control. No throttle by wire. No 4 x 4. No sequential paddle gearchange. No power steering. No power mirrors. No heated 8-way power seats. Little in the way of sound deadening materials. No cruise control. No cup holders. Sure, it's small, loud and impractical. If you want quiet, buy a BMW. If you need to haul a lot of stuff, get a van. If you need to stretch out, rent a limo. But if you want to go fast, seriously fast, sit down, strap in, shut up and hang on.
Ummm, actually, that's not from SELOC. It's from me. I wrote that. See my signature. It's been 'borrowed' by several people without giving me credit.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
72 Posts
You guys already come equipped with cupholders. One on the end of each arm. Looks like Lotus took a page from the Germans of the past. If you want to drink, stop the car, get out and have a drink, then get back in the car and DRIVE!!

The wait is almost over!:clap:

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I found that a small bottle of water fit just fine between the seat and the door sill.

I did have the seat all of the way back, so you short guys might have a bit of a problem with it rolling around behind the seat.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Come to think of it , I have never owned a car with cupholders. Paerhaps I've been missing out all this time :p

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Not a problem about the cupholders. I'll just stop at McDonalds, get a hot cup of coffee, and put it between my legs.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Stan said:
>>>This thing has NO CUPHOLDERS????!!!<<<

I've spoken to folks now driving E46 M3s and Jag convertibles who think that the Elise just might work for them. They don't understand that the Elise is night and day different from their present rides.
As the owner of a Jag XK8, I realize exactly how different the two cars are. It's going to be a serious change that will take some getting used to. But, the roads in my area are good quality, i'm nto getting the sport package, and I am getting the touring package. There are certain sacrifices that have to be made when you can't afford to own a car just for the weekends, but you want a real sports car. And I'm prepared to not just live with those sacrficies, but to enjoy them, because they add character and personality to the car.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
b. c. or d cup holders are attached to my arms. good call, DD

·
Registered
389 Posts
You can fit a small coffee cup or a can of Red Bull in the passenger side footrest (check out the holes to see what I mean). In fact, line 'em up, stick 3 Red Bulls in there! :) I would fetch my breakfast this way in my Elise every morning - bagel on the little shelf, espresso in the footrest :p

·
Registered
113 Posts
It does have a cupholder...seriously!

It's in between the seats...just near the rear parcel shelf netting.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Are you refering to that odd looking thing between the seats?

Source puresportscar.com

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
yes the thing between the labia:D

interestingly the VX220 web site states it has a drinkholder between the seats.....

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Looks like it could hold a doppio espresso machiato, but not much more than that...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Miguel said:
Are you refering to that odd looking thing between the seats?

Yeah...fits a can of Red bull or V anyway. It's usually where I put my mobile actually.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ground Loop said:
Bahahaa.. dude, made me choke on my Pepsi.

It's funny because Its True! I'll never be able to look at the seats the same again.
Scarey:clap: rotfl

I've always had a philosophy about the elise

1. Cheaper to maintain than a woman
2. Curves will hold its shape for ever
3. Easier to get the top off an Elise than...
4. Easier to get into an Elise than...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts