The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
On the basis of looks, color, and the promise of an exciting driving experience, it's hard not to get excited about this car.

However, as a street car (which is how I think you'll be using it), the lack of rearward vision can be a real handicap at worst, and an annoyance at best. Someone who participated in one of your recent runs dislikes his Exige for that reason.

In any case, good luck with any decision you make (you lucky guy!). It looks like a great car.
Multivex makes it all betta!:D I am SOOO glad I got them installed...it really makes a world of difference. I can zip through traffic now, whereas without them I was VERY stressed about making lane changes. And I'm glad about choosing to get an Exige S...even with no rearview, because the Multivex makes that a non-issue.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
$1200 and you can have NAV/DVD + rear view camera, go for it!! Buy it! Don't think about it, BUY IT!!

Ok so this is really for my benefit that you buy it. BECAUSE the more Lotus Elise, Exige, Exige S, and Exige S240 owners and the more aftermarket parts will exist and more competition and lower prices and...you get the point.

Blue & Silver wheels is a good combo. Black wheels look best on Gray, White (red and yellow and green can go either way, sluts).

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Well, it's tomorrow!!!!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
talk talk...

·
Registered
712 Posts
Good on ya Bull! I can't wait to participate in another drive with that ride on point!:shift:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Are your PCA buddies going to feel a little ignored?

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Must have a lot of disposable income to buy a new Lotus though. The first two year depreciation looks to be about 40% judging from what they eventually go for on Ebay, cars.com and the for sale section here. If there was a car I'd just say 'screw it' ... and buy new it is this one though.

40%? Not even close :p

The MSRP for an '05 was $39,900...and the lowest '05s go for is about, $28k? $27k? That's about 30% in 3 years.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I was looking at that car at S&S too. I like the yellow S240 they have, but it lacks LSD... I'd be interested in knowing what offer they made you - I talked them down to the "oh no, less than that and we'd wouldn't make any money point", but still I wonder...

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
I was looking at that car at S&S too. I like the yellow S240 they have, but it lacks LSD... I'd be interested in knowing what offer they made you - I talked them down to the "oh no, less than that and we'd wouldn't make any money point", but still I wonder...

Dealers have to make a living too :)

·
Registered
773 Posts
Someone who participated in one of your recent runs dislikes his Exige for that reason.
Not me! ...I don't look at not having an inside rear-view a hinderance at all. In fact, when it comes to night driving, and glare - I actually look at it as an ADVANTAGE! I really don't miss anything by not having an INSIDE rear-view. It is simple enough to develop a perfectly effective, appropriate and SAFE (imho) "outside scan".

Besides, nothing ever is capable really, of even getting close enough anyway, that the INSIDE windshield mounted rearview would come into play/be needed or matter anyway! ;)

Nice choice Ken! :clap:
Where is this coming from?
Look forward to seeing it in person then, hopefully soon! :up:

-Grant

·
Registered
773 Posts
I was looking at that car at S&S too. I like the yellow S240 they have, but it lacks LSD...
LSD is a negative, IMHO. Fine for a straight line standing start, but a negative at either auto-x or the track ("real" driving). Personally, in a 240, I'd prefer NOT to have it.

Just another .02 "country herd from" on that one is all.

Besides, 2 yellow Lotus' in the same household? :panic:

Hey Ken - I ran into a PCA/Chesapeake member yesterday at Rita's Shaved Ice in Sykesville. Scott? Nice guy. Rumor is already getting around PCA though on your recent Lotus defection. Just "FYI".... -poke-

·
Registered
584 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
If the going gets tough, point out to Gina that it costs less than a Lamborghini and it gets much better miles per gallon. rotfl

·
Registered
992 Posts
40%? Not even close :p

The MSRP for an '05 was $39,900...and the lowest '05s go for is about, $28k? $27k? That's about 30% in 3 years.
Really? I dont know anyone who paid close to $39,900...u must be an extremely talented negotiator. I stilll have my original window sticker and let's say that in order to win that "Price is Right" segment, you woulda had to know the first digit was a "5". From June 2005.

The difference is options of course, and i've never seen an 05 w/o any options, although I'm sure they exist somewhere. :)

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
LSD is a negative, IMHO. Fine for a straight line standing start, but a negative at either auto-x or the track ("real" driving). Personally, in a 240, I'd prefer NOT to have it.

Just another .02 "country herd from" on that one is all.

Besides, 2 yellow Lotus' in the same household? :panic:

Hey Ken - I ran into a PCA/Chesapeake member yesterday at Rita's Shaved Ice in Sykesville. Scott? Nice guy. Rumor is already getting around PCA though on your recent Lotus defection. Just "FYI".... -poke-
I don't quite understand this reasoning; LSD would be an asset, especially on a track or during autocross, unless you like squirly one-tire burnouts on turn exit....:shrug: If anything it'd be more appropriate on a track car vs. a street car, where you're pushing the handling limits of the car regularly.

Be careful with S&S. They have screwed me and several others on this forum. Ed the sales mgr is a thief. :no:
lol yes i've had a slight issue with one visit also, but have had good experiences as well.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I don't quite understand this reasoning; LSD would be an asset, especially on a track or during autocross, unless you like squirly one-tire burnouts on turn exit....:shrug: If anything it'd be more appropriate on a track car vs. a street car, where you're pushing the handling limits of the car regularly.
I agree

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Really? I dont know anyone who paid close to $39,900...u must be an extremely talented negotiator. I stilll have my original window sticker and let's say that in order to win that "Price is Right" segment, you woulda had to know the first digit was a "5". From June 2005.

The difference is options of course, and i've never seen an 05 w/o any options, although I'm sure they exist somewhere. :)
The MSRP was $39,995 for a base for all of about 3 months. By September of 05 they'd gone up a grand, and I believe before the end of 05 MSRP was 42995 or thereabouts. A few guys on here got their car with $39900 MSRP, but not many.

You're right, though. That was before the $800 or so destination, almost everyone dropped a grand on Starshield, and you paid more if you wanted any color than Saffron yellow or Ardent Red.

So even without Sport, Touring, Hardtop, or Stage II, 05's were around $45K, most $48 or so w/touring and sport.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts