·
Registered
712 Posts
Congrats! When's the next drive?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #62 (Edited)
So now that you have picked up both, how does the Exige compare to the Elise? Mostly interested in your feelings wrt no rear-view mirror and the more usable power/torque? I know that you haven't broken it in yet, but is the Exige everything you were looking for?
I ordered the JVC din mount radio today with the 3.5" screen and an Audiovox Backup Camera that is license plate mounted... I will take the rear view mirror out all together and have the radio showing me the rear view 100% of the time... Additionally I ordered the Multivex Mirrors today...

As far as power and torque? The Exige's power is more linear throughout the entire power curve whereas the variable valve timing really shows itself with the Elise around 5500 rpm...

My next purchase is a soft-top for the Exige for emergencies... Also to design a removable scoop that will install when the top is off to force more air into the intercooler... In the meantime I will have a car cover with me just in case of rain... I'll just have to wait out the rain storm... I never really drive my cars in the rain anyway unless I am unfortunately caught by surprise...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Happy Together

See what I mean about now I have a freakin Cub Scout garage... They do look happy together...

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
That is one sweet color. I just picked up my black Exige S 220 this morning and I'm drooling over someone else's 240 already. Bad sign... Enjoy!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Bull... Where in the world are you putting all these cars! Since I met you just two months ago, you've already added two new cars to the stable--both Lotuses--and you already had those 4 Porsches. A new car per month has gotta start eating up garage space pretty quick! The folks at "Extreme Home Makeover" are going to need to pay a visit to your place soon and add on new stable for all these machines. Insane.

·
Registered
773 Posts
My next purchase is a soft-top for the Exige for emergencies... Also to design a removable scoop that will install when the top is off to force more air into the intercooler...
If it helps to have multiple purchasers to negotiate a better deal for either, or both of these items, please let me know Bull, and I will be happy to go in with you on them.

Congratulations again on the new addition to your stable! :clap:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
The folks at "Extreme Home Makeover" are going to need to pay a visit to your place soon and add on new stable for all these machines.
Do you think they would take pity on this poor country boy and build him a 2000sf house with a 6 car garage :shrug:

Kinda have a Noble on my mind for next year... Got to test drive one to see if it's something I would like to have... Anyway, I have enough toys for this year :D

·
Registered
316 Posts
Do you think they would take pity on this poor country boy and build him a 2000sf house with a 6 car garage :shrug:

Kinda have a Noble on my mind for next year... Got to test drive one to see if it's something I would like to have... Anyway, I have enough toys for this year :D
If you're interested in meeting up to check out a Noble, I'm picking one up tomorrow. I love my Exige S, but the Noble is in a completely different stratum.

Which Porsches do you have?

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Ken, saw you pulling into the Holy Donut as I was leaving this morning, the car looks great!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Ken, saw you pulling into the Holy Donut as I was leaving this morning, the car looks great!
You couldn't have stayed long... Thanks for the compliment... I can't wait to get past the break-in period... It's a blast and I'm learning just how flexible I still am at my old age :rolleyes:

·
Registered
476 Posts
There is a guy with a Noble M400 that autox's and has been known to let a LOT of people drive it :)

Our next AutoX is July 6th. I don't know if he signed up yet or not but I can let you know if you'd like.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
There is a guy with a Noble M400 that autox's and has been known to let a LOT of people drive it :)

Our next AutoX is July 6th. I don't know if he signed up yet or not but I can let you know if you'd like.

Sounds good...

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
You couldn't have stayed long... Thanks for the compliment... I can't wait to get past the break-in period... It's a blast and I'm learning just how flexible I still am at my old age :rolleyes:

That was me in the red Elise hitting my horn as you were pulling into the lot. Had been there for about 1/2 hour or so, long enough to get a coffee look at a few cars, then on to other obligations. That's the great thing about the Donut.

Saw the grey (gray?) Ford GT pulling in right behind you, was already a yellow one there. On my way home saw a dozen or so cars, hot rods, a couple Ferraris, and a repliCobra that must've been heading to the donut.

Hey, I've seen you get into your wife's California at Abingdon, of course, the top wasn't on!

61 - 74 of 74 Posts