The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well what a day... I got to meet Colin Chapman... in a Verizon store no less! :)

I went to a Verizon store to get my daughter's env2 replaced under warranty. While there I decided to upgrade my phone to the new HTC Ozone (nice phone by the way). The sales person called my name, I walked up to the counter and he saw that I had a VMI (military college I went to) shirt on. I also have VMI license plates on my Lotus out in the parking lot. He put two and two together and asked if that was my Lotus out in the parking lot. He then told me he was named after the founder. I looked down at his name tag and sure enough, it said Colin. He then showed me that his last name was Chapman! He told me his dad named him after Colin Chapman of Lotus! His mom didn't find out until a year and a half later that was where her husband had gotten the name. He said by then it was too late for her to change it!

We talked a bit about the Elise and Lotus in general. He really hopes to own a Lotus one day. He is probably in his mid to late 40's, so I hope he gets to realize it before too long. I mean after all... to actually carry the Colin Chapman name and not own a Lotus is such a shame!

·
Registered
430 Posts
+1 on the Ozone, first smart phone I've ever hand and I couldn't be happier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts