The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Again, elisetalk is overloaded with numerous exciting posts. Too much for me to read since I have been away. Can anyone summarize this months news?

Thanks,
Lillie

P.S. Love the new smilies! :clap:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Haven't missed much. Things have been pretty slow because nothing new has come out. A little bit of squabbling on the boards on account of all of us going insane waiting for our cars and the lack of new info.

Some nice new pics from Birmingham were put on today, thats about it...

...and a color brochure showing interior options/colors that we can't have.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Hmm.... a recap?

We went over 1000 users and 40,000 posts, check the 50,000 post contest in Other.

We added a couple smilies.

Little Bastard dropped off the Symbolic list and got on the Desert List.

To my surprise, Symbolic called me today. Yay. However, I am still short the cash to pay for the car and might have to trade down with Robert Puertas. :(

Speaking of cash, there are some new Elisetalk stuff (check the parts forum). We will be getting more stuff soon.

There was a fun thread about if the car can be a daily driver.

Rumor there is an actual federal car at (or coming to) Symbolic. Silver or gray. I think it was gray. We will know more soon.

The horn buttons are on the outside of the steering wheel, not the middle.

THere was a very informative review from this person at the Detroit Free Press.

The ebay car is back on up for auction.

Shinoo is arranging a Temecula wine tour and drive.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Hmm.... a recap?
To my surprise, Symbolic called me today. Yay. However, I am still short the cash to pay for the car and might have to trade down with Robert Puertas. :(
Trade with me, trade with me!!! :)

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
>>The horn buttons are on the outside of the steering wheel, not the middle...:huh:

I'll trade with you Randy!

I'll search for those interesting posts, sometime after I catch up on sleep. 27 hours of travel is really exhausting.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I thought we had confirmed that the Symbolic car was a Euro car (and their demo is arriving later)? BTW Randy, did they call you to inform that your car is going into production soon?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Vantage said:
I thought we had confirmed that the Symbolic car was a Euro car (and their demo is arriving later)? BTW Randy, did they call you to inform that your car is going into production soon?
I heard they *maybe* were getting a new/different car. But that rumor may be based on the earlier confusion over the other gray car. So I don't know yet.

They called to confirm my options and color. Said I have 48 hours to change my mind.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
MW- Welcome back.

Randy- Seems kind of odd with you being in the first batch, still having 2 days to lock in your order. For lack of anything better to do, most likely that means your car wouldn't be together till mid-May. With delivery till late June. Being in the 2nd batch, Lotus told my dealer had until mid- April to make changes. So are you sticking with the original order?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Well, actually he did not say I could change the color. Just was asking about hardtop or not, so maybe that is all. But I thought I understood that hardtops were painted the same time as the car, so I leapt to the assumption that the car color was not yet fixed in stone.

In a way, it could be explained also by my spot in line slipping a little bit. Even being the 10th in line might mean I will not get a car until July or August. :eek:

That is the big question for me. I did the math. With LSS and Touring I am looking at over $47k. And the intention was to pay cash for the car. Seemed like no big deal to save some up a couple years ago. :)

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Maybe cut out the touring package and hardtop. That will be an extra 3200 bucks.

That is the big question for me. I did the math. With LSS and Touring I am looking at over $47k. And the intention was to pay cash for the car. Seemed like no big deal to save some up a couple years ago. :) [/B]

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Think we went with the same configuration. Even with the deposit about another $47k to get out the door. Doing a re-fi on the home had this money burning a hole in my pockets for a while.

With the updated alloments for my dealer got pushed from Aug to Sept delivery. Just got to keep my finger cross about the lay-offs hitting my company, wouldn't know for sure for a few months. :(

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can anyone forward me the funny thread about daily driving!

In a way I'm glad I've been gone a month. I've actually cooled off a lot being away from all the rumors, so I'm not as anxious to get my car as I was a month ago. I'd recommend it to all...take a holiday, far far away from any internet connection, and you'll feel much much better!

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Modern Wedgie said:
Hi all,

Again, elisetalk is overloaded with numerous exciting posts. Too much for me to read since I have been away. Can anyone summarize this months news?

Thanks,
Lillie

P.S. Love the new smilies! :clap:
Hey Lillie
Here's my summary... STILL WAITING!!!!! :D

Neil

1 - 14 of 14 Posts