The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some random ferrari owner (ok not so random) here guarantees me that a stock evo can outcorner a lotus. I disagreed. So the bet is on. He gets a stock evo and finds a driver for it and Ill do the same with my 07 elise. Its a one mile track close to me (Orlando) thats all turns. Whoever can pull the fastest lap wins. Im not a good enough driver so if some can guarantee victory and get it then its a quick 200 for you.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
sell the product and distribution rights to the event do you can getyour 500 back :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
if your driver loses, does he also have to pay $200, or will you cover that? :D

·
Registered
648 Posts
If you want to be sneeky talk to a few of the instructors of the track to get a few names.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I thought this had something to do with 24hrs of LeMons

I wanna see the video!

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I'd be more than happy to do this, but I live in TX.

LOL. Here's what you do:

Hire Jason Hart to come out and teach folks in FLA how to drive quickly. I GUARANTEE you that Jason will get you your $500. Get some folks together and do a track day at that track with Jason instructing.

After I had 200+ sessions on track, I let Jason take my car out with me in the passenger seat so I could see what my car was capable of. On the second lap he was already faster than me.

·
Registered
403 Posts
is this your kind of cheap entertainment?? i need your salary
best of luck with your investment

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bring a ringer, the guy who knows the course. If you're talking about the CFRC, talk to ZTEC on this board as he has the most laps out there in his elise. PM him.
Yeah I actually called Nick a little while ago. I road passenger a couple days ago while he took some laps on that track. He's only 5x a better driver than I am. Thats all. My Lotus still has yet to see the track. Maybe one day... Well 1 day soon because of this bet.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Out corner a Lotus ..... what model ? And if measuring cornering why not just measure the highest speed around a skid pad circle, could even set it up in a large parking lot ?

In a quick google search it looks like the stock EVO GSR is about .096 G Skidpad, a stock 2005 touring Elise is 1.03 G, I imagine a sport would be quite a bit better with the sticky tires, Skid pad and slalom will tell you cornering results, Going around a track the EVO might have a straight away advantage to make up for being beat in the corners and in braking, so track time will tell you nothing about who corners the best really....... Unless you use a stock Lotus 211 or Exige S then the straights are not a problem

And remember he said stock, stock means stock tires/shocks/engine etc ,no slicks or lowering kits !

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Yeah I actually called Nick a little while ago. I road passenger a couple days ago while he took some laps on that track. He's only 5x a better driver than I am. Thats all. My Lotus still has yet to see the track. Maybe one day... Well 1 day soon because of this bet.
How tight is the course, which EVO, is it modded, is your lotus modded, which tires on your lotus? Which suspension? You see the evo's weakness is braking, and back to back corners....where the elise is quite strong. Oh, and pray it doesnt rain rotfl

Its going to be close, and will most likely come down to driver.

Man I wish I lived on that side of the state =p

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I can tell you this much about the track... Its all turns... You will not see high speeds on this track. There are 2 somewhats straights where you miiiiiiiight hit 75 in a lotus. But if I remember Nicks top speed correctly it wasnt that high in his elise.

1 - 20 of 198 Posts