The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to fix my cruise control, but not having any luck. I have replaced the brake switch , the clutch pedal position sensor , and zip tied the cruise control switch plugs to the steering wheel frame. Where else should I look?? Thanks Dave

·
Administrator
6,961 Posts
What kind of problem are you having? Not coming on? Not holding speed? What?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What kind of problem are you having? Not coming on? Not holding speed? What?
The problem is that the cruise control dose not come on at all. I have done the easy fixs from the above article with no luck. where else should I look?? Thanks Dave

·
Administrator
6,961 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
844 Posts
My Factoid database sez:

Date Category SubCat Factoid
8/31/2021 7:34:32 AM Auto Evora Autel MaxiLink ML629 OBD2 Scanner https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PQL9HDR works on Evora for airbag light reset.
8/31/2021 7:39:37 AM Auto Evora OBDII interface that can work: Opel Vauxhall OP COM with windows software on laptop.

I've had to replace the clockspring on my Land Cruiser.

·
Administrator
6,961 Posts
I don't have a code scanner yet. I am not sure what scanner will work for a lotus evora.
What year Evora? Most scanners will work with S1 from what I've read S2 none and the LotusTech tool would be required.

·
Registered
280 Posts
My cruise control didn't work for the most part since new. Could produce the cruise icon on the dash but rarely was able to set speed. After repeatedly pressing the set button when I had a mind to do so it started to function after a year and a half and continues today. Points to the contact switches in the steering wheel in my case.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
OP, these are the circuits/components involved in the cruise control:

Rectangle Slope Schematic Font Parallel

Since you already replaced the brake switch and clutch position sensor, the only other things involved are the clock spring, and the steering wheel buttons. But to @bfreidah's point, if you aren't even getting the cruise control "On" icon on the dash, then it's possible that either the steering wheel buttons aren't working, the clock spring is bad, or the feature hasn't been enabled in the ECU (can only be modified using TechCenter).

I would test the left-hand switch buttons for continuity when pressed, and also resistance values.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OP, these are the circuits/components involved in the cruise control:

View attachment 1297038

Since you already replaced the brake switch and clutch position sensor, the only other things involved are the clock spring, and the steering wheel buttons. But to @bfreidah's point, if you aren't even getting the cruise control "On" icon on the dash, then it's possible that either the steering wheel buttons aren't working, the clock spring is bad, or the feature hasn't been enabled in the ECU (can only be modified using TechCenter).

I would test the left-hand switch buttons for continuity when pressed, and also resistance values.
According to the PO the cruise worked. No on indication on the dash. I wouldn't think the switches would get that much use that they would go bad, but this is a Lotus :D

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
According to the PO the cruise worked. No on indication on the dash. I wouldn't think the switches would get that much use that they would go bad, but this is a Lotus :D
I don't recall if you said the wrench or MIL light was showing, but here's some info from the EMR section of the service notes that might help troubleshoot as well:

Font Screenshot Number Parallel Rectangle

Font Rectangle Parallel Number Screenshot

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Since I don't have a scanner yet, I think I will stop by my local auto part store and have them run a scan to see if something shows up.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have looked in the cross reference section for a part number for the cruise control switches and didn't see one . Has anyone replaced those ? if so what part number did you use?? Thanks Dave

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
I don't believe those switches have a cross-reference. The Lotus part # is A132M6065F for the left ones, and A132M6066F for the right ones.

I wouldn't replace them before testing them though; it's possible they're fine, but maybe the clock spring is bad.

·
Premium Member
8,000 Posts
Follow my saga. Its probably a clutch pedal height adjustment issue. Hopefully they change the system on the Emira. You should be able to adjust the switch, not just the pedal height. I raised mine, probably 1 turn too much recently... As new clutch has worn in, its time to adjust. PIA little job. Drove to Pitt, 2 days on track. BIG blip on carousel gave me the wrench. Went away after 30 seconds. Now comes on for 10 seconds every restart....same as the other one..........
Warning, laying on back under there may result in stuck human!!!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Follow my saga. Its probably a clutch pedal height adjustment issue. Hopefully they change the system on the Emira. You should be able to adjust the switch, not just the pedal height. I raised mine, probably 1 turn too much recently... As new clutch has worn in, its time to adjust. PIA little job. Drove to Pitt, 2 days on track. BIG blip on carousel gave me the wrench. Went away after 30 seconds. Now comes on for 10 seconds every restart....same as the other one..........
Warning, laying on back under there may result in stuck human!!!
Tell me how do you do this adjustment and I will try it. Thanks Dave

·
Premium Member
8,000 Posts
See the other thread zi just posted on regarding clutch adjustment, cruise failure

1 - 18 of 18 Posts