462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on another thread but hoping someone can answer my question here

i dont get how they got this record..
the title says 06 lotus elise
the vin says lotus
the insurance says lotus
the value if wrecked would be lotus

where the **** does it say hennessy? not one thing says hennessy, its just a lotus but they claim manufacture?
why do they get to sell a rebuilt lotus?

konigsegg built the baddest car ever made and they get robbed by some idiot in texas..

i just want to know the answer, i think im going to email guinness.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
It says henessy on the back. The konigsegg has a Chevy v8 in it. A lot of cars have parts from other cars
Why all the hate for henessy? Is a ruf a Porsche ?

·
Registered
3,311 Posts

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,731 Posts
It says henessy on the back. The konigsegg has a Chevy v8 in it. A lot of cars have parts from other cars
Why all the hate for henessy? Is a ruf a Porsche ?
and I'm sure Hennessey puts the same level of detail into his cars...

I actually can't find a source that says the Koenigsegg Argera uses a Chevy engine either... But feel free to prove me wrong!

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Why does Jay Leno.... Because people are interested, it gets air time. It has nothing to do with much else. Plus, it is well established buddies and high profile customers get the red carpet treatment from JH. If you are just a guy with the money, you may not see the same treatment or results. I remember when the Venom came out, JH indicated he was going to set the top speed record. Two years and counting, still no smashed record. Now he is working on wringing a bit more out of the Vette engine, he once again promises a top speed record.
Part of me (the Lotus part) hopes he can pull his record attempt off.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Link to the engine in the Koenigsegg Argera
It has the company name and logo in 3 places on the block casting (cast in), configuration looks wrong for a Chevy/GM block.
Koenigsegg states the engine is an "in house" design on multiple sites and postings.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
its not a GM small block engine, its DOHC.

2013 Agera R | Koenigsegg

Koenigsegg aluminum 5.0L V8, 4 valves per cylinder, DOHC, , titanium connecting rods, Dry sump lubrication, with negative crank pressure functionality
Compression: 9.0:1
Bore: 91.7 mm Stroke: 95.25 mm
Carbon fiber intake manifold with optimized intake tracts. Dual 70 mm electronic throttle bodies.
Sequential, multipoint fuel injection with dual injectors per cylinder.
4 high power fuel pumps with returnless fuel system configuration
Twin turbo, 1.4 bar boost pressure. Combined with Koenigsegg reduced back pressure exhaust system.
Tig-welded ceramic coated inconel exhaust system manifold with merge collector.
Weight: 197 kg.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It does not get a new title or vin from what I understand. Zac Farrah even said it on his video this is my point, not the engine or anything It's about the technical part I'm confused about.
You register it as a lotus

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I'm pretty sure the agera/agera r switched to a completely custom 5.0....I'm sure it shares similarities with a few other MFRs but I don't think it is an off the shelf item. The youtube channel drive has a multi-part miniseries that is very informative on the car.

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
It does not get a new title or vin from what I understand. Zac Farrah even said it on his video this is my point, not the engine or anything It's about the technical part I'm confused about.
You register it as a lotus

You don't understand. It DOES GET A NEW TITLE AND VIN, the end. I asked John Hennesey in person face to face so there 'ya go.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
Who knows how the video was edited? Have you even seen one? I've been right beside two of them:

so I *think* my actual experience carries a little more weight than some YouTube clip. And really, you believe a buyer would drop that kind of cash and get handed a title for an Exige, really?:thwack:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
2 million to someone worth a 100 mil
is 20,000 to someone worth 1 mil

yes i do think they would spend it just to experience 0-200 in 14 sec

1 - 20 of 34 Posts