The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi MidAtlantic Region,

I think a few of us are going on a little drive this weekend. 619 (twisty road) through Nokesville (more twisty roads) to manassas, up 66 to Harpers Ferry. We are meeting at my dad's house in Dumfries if you are interested? We are bringing our wives too. They may be "shoppng" on one of the breaks (most likely in Hapers Ferry) and there were talks of Charlstown race track for some horse and slots action too.

The route, and stops are all up in the are for the moment, the only thing I think is set is Saturday, My dad's house (off 234 in Dumfries), and 619 to start the trip (fun road).

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Dave

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Ah, where is this exactly? It doesn't sound familiar to this Jersey Boy...

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, VA - MD & WV.

Quite a drive for you, 4 hrs to the start point.

Harpers Ferry and Charlestown WV are right next to Summit point

I think we are going to try to meet at 10ish

Dave

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Sounds nice, the wife and I are considering those areas for retirement potential...probably not MD, but VA certainly...I'm not sure I could convince her with such short notice...but it would be nice to see the area during this time of the year. Hummmm. My sister and mom live near Roanoke, so we are aiming to be a bit closer.

Anyway, have a nice drive! Perhaps I'll try and make it. We'd have to head down Friday and stay over to make a 10am drive though. It's an idea.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'd be interested. I have a slight preference for Sunday (looks to be a bit warmer then too).

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sunday was the original goal, but it got booked quickly with chores. Saturday ended up being the only time we could fit it in. I can get you our route... that is once we decide on it.

Dave

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Sounds nice, the wife and I are considering those areas for retirement potential...probably not MD, but VA certainly...I'm not sure I could convince her with such short notice...but it would be nice to see the area during this time of the year. Hummmm. My sister and mom live near Roanoke, so we are aiming to be a bit closer.

Anyway, have a nice drive! Perhaps I'll try and make it. We'd have to head down Friday and stay over to make a 10am drive though. It's an idea.
RG-
haven't you been reading all the horrible threads about VA here on ET? it's the worst place in the entire world to live.:rolleyes: ;)

there are a bunch of ET'ers here in NOVA, if you're looking for a rural perspective, feel free to PM. it's about four hours to roanoke from up here and about one to either balto or DC.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Would have loved the Porsche event... Damn.

We decided to leave my father's house at 1PM

If anyone is interested, PM me and I will get you directions/the address

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
my wife passed the porsche brigade somwhere south of here yesterday.
Passed them going the opposite way or passed them going the SAME way? If it was the same way, what was she driving? (A GT-R??)

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Passed them going the opposite way or passed them going the SAME way? If it was the same way, what was she driving? (A GT-R??)
she wasn't specific. :D

i think she had the cdi, so it's a tossup. she said there were 40 or 50 in total, so this part of the DC metro area certainly had the market cornered for a-holes. ;)

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
she said there were 40 or 50 in total, so this part of the DC metro area certainly had the market cornered for a-holes. ;)

Hmmmmmm, where is that ignore button again??

·
Registered
266 Posts
yeah there were 29 of us a-holes on the drive, about 70 met for the monthly breakfast before that. Started in Tysons, then on to Manassas, Bluemont, Purcellville, Middleburg and finshed up in the Plains. Great roads and not much traffic.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We bailed due to no interest on a saturday drive :(

That and someone who shall not be named got a rather large speeding ticket just prior to our leave time.

So I went with my dad to Best Buy and he got a 46" LCD TV... I hate him now... the TV is VERY nice! I plan on stealing it soon, I am going to mount it as my hard top... so people taking pictures of me on the highway REALLY have something to see.

We should all plan a DC area Exige/Elise meet-up.

Dan at G-burg Lotus said he would buy us all donuts and coffee ;)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts