The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went for a test drive last Sat and it looks like I'll be purchasing a 1967 Mini Cooper S next weekend! I just have to be sure that I can still find a way to put a large down payment on the Elise when it comes around. Damn this car hobby can get expensive!

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
Im looking for one of those as well, you can get that car on one wheel and survive.

How much? How hard to find?

Im also looking for an M3 E30

·
Registered
637 Posts
banTT0r said:
Im looking for one of those as well, you can get that car on one wheel and survive.

How much? How hard to find?

Im also looking for an M3 E30
... but if you crash it, you're unlikely to walk away...

minis aren't very strong by today's standards.

Craigy

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The original Italian Job is how I fell in love with minis to begin with.... gotta go pick up that DVD!

The Mini that I want is gonna be about $15k. Its kinda hard to justify buying the Mini and an Elise this year.... Looks like I'm gonna have a big garage sale soon!!

check out www.miniguy.com he has quite a few!

Jose Soriano

·
Registered
394 Posts
Amahoser said:
The original Italian Job is how I fell in love with minis to begin with.... gotta go pick up that DVD!

The Mini that I want is gonna be about $15k. Its kinda hard to justify buying the Mini and an Elise this year.... Looks like I'm gonna have a big garage sale soon!!

check out www.miniguy.com he has quite a few!

Jose Soriano
Holly shmolly... there are a few that are just wonderfull to look at! The white police model is the one I want, but not for 15k, just more then I have to spend!

Adam P

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
They buy a lot of those cars in New Zealand for $1000-$4000 and sell them here for $15,000. I need to get into that business.

I looked at mini's for a long time, and discovered their secrets. I would still like to have one, but if I ever did I would try to import it myself.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OneFastMiata said:
They buy a lot of those cars in New Zealand for $1000-$4000 and sell them here for $15,000. I need to get into that business.

I looked at mini's for a long time, and discovered their secrets. I would still like to have one, but if I ever did I would try to import it myself.
I believe it. But thats what they are selling for here. I've looked around for a while at Minis and Mini Guy has nice ones at pretty reasonable prices. I don't mind paying market rate for a car like that. Especially if I don't have to travel to Oz to find one and have it shipped here..... Priorities, I guess....

Jose Soriano

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Adam P said:
Holly shmolly... there are a few that are just wonderfull to look at! The white police model is the one I want, but not for 15k, just more then I have to spend!

Adam P
I drove that white one. Its a screamer. One of the nicest he has. The motor has tons of power (more than an S motor) and the tranny and overall car feels very tight. But, it doesn't have a Cooper S motor in it. Its a warmed over 1275. Its damn nice though! The interior on that one is gorgeous!

Jose Soriano

1 - 10 of 10 Posts