The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.
On the official forums, the question of how the car handles at high speed was asked. Lotus Admin berated the person asking by saying that the question was irresponsible and ridiculous.

I posted a response saying that I didn't think that it was ridiculous to ask how a car being marketed as a sports car handles at high speeds, as I have been on tracks where the top speeds on the straights were quite high indeed.

A couple of other people made posts as well.

I went back to check on the thread and Lotus Admin has deleted my post. My post wasn't inflammatory or rude. Seeing the flood of popular opinion he also deleted his post and, presumably, any other post similar to mine. I think that he also edited any post that quoted either him or me.

Now I know that it's his party, but I think that it is rude at best to censor my post when it was polite and relatively well reasoned simply to save face. I also don't appreciate that I received no notice that it had been done via email or a PM. He simply made it so that part of the conversation never took place. Maybe I'm overreacting, but I am quite upset.

I am considering a letter to his supervisor(s). Does anybody know how I might go about contacting them? He is a representative of Lotus and I don't think that he has treated someone willing to put money down on their upcoming vehicle in an appropriate way. I'm eager to be a customer.

I am NOT trying to start a Lotus Admin roast here. Just asking for some contact information and explaining why I need it. Please don't turn this thread into 'Everything we hate about this person or that board.' I frequent both boards because I get different information from both. That said, I would completely understand if you would not like this type of thread on your board Randy. And I wouldn't be too upset if you lock it or delete it. I would appreciate a little note of explanation in the event that you do.:)

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
I suspect he realized that he jumped to a wrong conclusion, initially, and removed his post. To avoid the confusion of other posts referencing and complaining about his post he removed those too, leaving a clean flow of relevant information for subsequent viewers to see. Looking at the thread, IMHO, I think he was just trying to fix his mistake, not censor others.

As to whether he should notify everyone whose post he removed, maybe he is busier than those of us who have this much time to spend. :D

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Also notice the change in that thread. Lotus Admin overreacted in his response. Don't recall the details of your response... think he realized he was out of line, deleted his post, assuming yours was pretty much a response to his, it wouldn't make much sense to leave it up.

Under the circumstances, wouldn't consdier it all that bad. In anycase if you want to kick up the ladder good luck.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
I've actually gone back to visit the "official" forums a few times lately just to see if they've gotten any better... and they definitely have not. Almost every post I see on there from Lotus Admin is some rude comment that provides no info whatsoever and/or a "this thread is locked" post. You'd think Lotus would want someone better representing them.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Don't take it personally. I got raked over the coals for suggesting that Saffron Yellow had been produced before, citing information supplied by others.

I'm still not sure why Lotus started that forum. They are not using it to disseminate new information and won't allow innocent speculation.

I still browse there occasionally, only because some interesting info surfaces from time to time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts