The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like we have quite a few Elise hopefuls in San Diego. Has a club been formed yet?

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
There is an existing Lotus Club in San Diego. I will expect we will do something that is aligned with or part of them. Or?

It is my intention, once the cars get here, to arrange some community things. We have been involved in meets, drives, and track events for the MR-2. I would like to see the same thing with the Elise. Could you imagine how cool to have 25+ Elises going to Palomar or taking a coast drive.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
My experience with the MR2 club in Northern California has shown that only a small percentage of MR2 owners were interested in being active club members. With the very low numbers of Elises being imported, it'll take a couple years for an Elise club to really get off the ground. Until then, it might be best to participate in the Lotus clubs around the country. I've heard great things about the track days that the Golden Gate Lotus Club (Northern CA) organizes.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Randy,

I just drove Palomar yesterday morning. Pretty nice. We can go up south grade and then go down east grade.

I'm a bit spoiled from running around Piuma and Stunt a few weekends ago. I must have done that loop six times.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts