The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

I own a motorsport elise therefore I get an S2 first.

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Thomasio 
#1 ·
I caught this little bit from someone on Miata.net. Says he's from Laguna Beach.

He said,

" 05 Elise - They better make it right...for $38.5k base price...we all know the chassis is great, but the engine and tranny choice will be a huge factor. Being an Elise Motorsports owner, I am automatically offered one of the first cars that arrives...we'll see".

Is this true? If you own an elise you get one of the first S2's automatically? If so, I had not heard this at all.

He goes on to say,

The US Elise is supposed to arrive mid next year. The only thing the insiders are willing to say is that they are ahead of schedule and the car is ready to come in and they have met their target performance requirements. They can't bring it in the US sooner because they have a contract with Rover which prevents them from selling any Elise w/o a Rover engine until it expires. The 2 engines the press had talked about being in it is the Toyota 1.8 or the Ecotech 2.2...I am hoping for the Toyota. There is another rumor that it could be the Toyota V6 as it is very light and more torque to satisfy US customers......

So this is why we dont have the car yet? Hmmmmm, Im wondering if anything this guy says is based in fact or his imagination?

See less See more
#2 ·
Not sure about the second part, but I was told by Symbolic here that there is no hard list. They reserve the right to give the first cars to certain people, specially past customers and those that are involved in Lotus clubs.

#3 ·
I'd imagine that 'jumping to the head of the line' like this would be on a dealer-by-dealer basis and not a corporate policy. An exotic car dealership favoring previous customers would not be unusual at all.

The part about them being ahead of schedule syncs with what I've heard from a couple dealers - namely, that Lotus should have no trouble meeting the April delivery (though I havn't previously heard that Rover was an influence in that date).

#4 ·
Schedule

"Ahead of schedule" should mean that all of the goals/targets have been met. (Else, they would not be ahead of schedule.)

That is welcome news!

Thomas

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.