The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help?
I put today the cables in the battery opposite to recharge my lotus elise s2 and suddenly a lot of problems start. I search the fuse box and i found two fuses 7.5 blown the ignition and battery. I change them and i see that the car won't start and problem with the check engine light. What can i do ? Does anyone knows if i change with new battery will solve the problem.
thanks

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Really hard to say depending on what got fried. Do you have access to a code reader to see what the check engine code is? Is the battery fully charged now? What happens when you hit the started button, does it try to turn over? Do the accessories come on? Dash lights/AC?

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
Check all of the 8 engine bay fuses. The fuses you mention "ignition and battery" are the type of service, not the circuit it protects.
Michael

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really hard to say depending on what got fried. Do you have access to a code reader to see what the check engine code is? Is the battery fully charged now? What happens when you hit the started button, does it try to turn over? Do the accessories come on? Dash lights/AC?
No i don't have a code reader to see the code. My car it is not a vvc it is the standard edition 2003 model with 122 rover engine. I will see to today if it reset mil because i put the cable off all over night. When i hit the started button when it was ok i hearing a noise and then stopped . Now this noise i always hearing without stopping and when i turn on the car start trying to over and over the the speedmeter like i push the accelaration and check engine lights on and off all the time. The lights are working fine i diidn't try the ac yet, i will see it today and i tell you. I will only check the fuse box and show those two blown fuse 7.5. I will check them all to today again. How can i reset the mil is there another way without scan tool.
Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check all of the 8 engine bay fuses. The fuses you mention "ignition and battery" are the type of service, not the circuit it protects.
Michael
Where are they these 8 fuses? Behind in the engine i check the one fuse of ac 10 and the other two 20 and it was ok
Thanks

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
Where are they these 8 fuses? Behind in the engine i check the one fuse of ac 10 and the other two 20 and it was ok
Thanks
K Series Elise S2 Fuse Box

The main fusebox is located in the front services compartment, on the passenger side, and is protected by a clear plastic cover. For access, remove the passenger side front body access panel, followed by the radiator air deflector panel. Twenty two slots are provided for 'little' type fuses which are numbered, and coloured according to their amperage rating, and may be pulled out from their slots using the fuse extractor tool provided on the fusebox lit.

S2 Fusebox

Slot Raiting Circuit
1 20A Aux. power socket
2 2A Alarm siren
3 20A Interior fan
4 15A Wiper motor
5 7.5A Stop lamp
6 7.5A Direction indicators
7 10A Ignition services
8 7.5A Battery services
9 10A Hazard lamps
10 7.5A Horn
11 10A Alarm power & Interior lamp
12 25A Cooling fan
13 7.5A Audi ignition
14 BLANK BLANK
15 7.5A Audio +ve; switch module
16 10A Sidelamps;rear fog
17 10A Dip beam LH
18 10A Dip beam RH
19 BLANK BLANK
20 15A Main beam LH
21 15A Main beam RH
22 BLANK BLANK

K Series Elise S2 Relays

Fuses and relays associated with the engine management system are located at the rear of the engine bay adjacent to the engine ECM. The mulit-function relay unit containing the engine control relay and starter relay is mounted on the chassis rear subframe below the engine ECM.
A Horn
B Cooling fan
C BLANK
D BLANK

K Series Elise S2 Engine Fuses
S2 Engine Fuses

Slot Rating Circit
1 BLANK BLANK
2 BLANK BLANK
3 20A Immobiliser
4 20A Fuel pump
5 80A Alternator output

Michael

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
battery

Well it was one more fuse 7.5 blown and i change it and all ok.
Today i went for a ride to recharged the battery and everything was fine.
Thanks a lot for the help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts