The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on I95 about 60 miles north of the FL / GA line and I saw three Elises (Two yellows and a black) on a truck heading north.

I only saw it for a few seconds so I don't know if they were new customer cars or someone hauling race cars that had been here for a while. There was also two of those new high end $80K VW's on the truck to.

Maybe the first customer deliveries????? :clap:

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
If you could see them, does that mean it's an open transport? I thought there was some belief they would use Horseless Carriage closed transport trucks. Hmm...

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
how did the black look?

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Does Lotus of Atlanta or any other Lotus dealers sell VWs?

There is person around here that has a few for sale but they are the racing non- US versions. Dont think they would be on a regular car carrier and I think they are different colors and might even be Exiges.

If they were coming from the Port in Brunswick they might be the demos. Maybe they are shipping them to the new Lotus USA building for storage.

Is there anybody around there that can check and see if they are there or know anyone that works at a weight station on I-95 that the carriers have to stop at that might be able to give us some details as to where the cars were going?

Too bad JoeCool didnt have a CB radio-
Breaker, Breaker Good Buddy. Whats the 20 on the 18 wheeler carrying a bunch of Little Lotuses?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Were there *two* yellow cars at the press launch, or just one of each color?

Do they usually truck them with 'tape' and foam on them, or after prep?

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
JOe,
I think you may very well have seen the first US cars. Looking at a map they would head south on 1-95 from Charleston to Brunswick which is about 60 odd miles from FL border!!

Good catch!!

The other thing, as far as I know, the only US type Elise in black was the test car I saw last Sept. LCU DID have a euro black S2 but it was repainted last year and made a show car by dupont or ppg.

Chris
Exciting news, it's actually starting to sound good!!

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
especially since 2 were yellow!!!:D

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Lotus of Atlanta does not sell VW's. They are a Lotus, Lamborghini, and BMW dealer. They told me last week that they expected a demo car in the next week to 10 days. This sounds right on! Ill post after the test drive.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
True, I guess I've seen a lot of mixing on transport trailers anyway.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've been to a ton of Lotus dealers that were also VW dealers. Boardwalk, Smith Lotus, the dealer in Scottsdale, to name a few. IMO, I love the combo. The VW dealers treat Lotus customers with a great deal of respect. When you go to a Lotus dealer partnered with Jaguar or other high end car, you hardly get treated like a human.

Barry

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
marginally related...a friend in parkland FL saw a yellow on an open carrier on the sawgrass parkway. routed to palm beach? miami? west coast of south FL? dunno...most likely not palm beach as the carrier was not headed the right direction. sighting was 19 june

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
BarryB said:
I've been to a ton of Lotus dealers that were also VW dealers. Boardwalk, Smith Lotus, the dealer in Scottsdale, to name a few. IMO, I love the combo. The VW dealers treat Lotus customers with a great deal of respect. When you go to a Lotus dealer partnered with Jaguar or other high end car, you hardly get treated like a human.

Barry
I agree. It also depends on which sales person you get stuck with. There might be good people working there that you can't meet b/c of the luck of the draw.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Just got an email from someone that they saw another new Elise on a trailer on their way to Indianapolis this weekend.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
LotusLust said:
marginally related...a friend in parkland FL saw a yellow on an open carrier on the sawgrass parkway. routed to palm beach? miami? west coast of south FL? dunno...most likely not palm beach as the carrier was not headed the right direction. sighting was 19 june
Hmmmm.....The Coral Gables dealer is offof the Sawgrass

I was back and forth on i-95 from Palm Beach to Jacksonville all weekend and didnt see anything. Saw a red Esprit on a trailer the other day, but it was with a bunch of other regular cars going north for the summer.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts