The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for an Elise now for over 6 months. In these 6 months I have gotten pretty fimilar with the different options and the market value of these. Seems to me they were all around 32k-35k for a 2005 model. Just yesterday I found an Exige for sale in Napa Valley at a Ford dealership.

2006 Lotus Exige 2dr Coupe

I haven't researched Exiges that much because I didn't want to spend the extra money. Well, the benifits of this is that its a dealership so I can trade in my cars, possibly 3. I think I may get 20k for all 3 or just trade in two for about 12.5k.

This being said, what are the benifits of Exiges over Elises besides them looking sweeter in my opinion. Also what should I expect to pay? From the craigslist ad it doesn't look like this Exige has any upgrades besides the sound. Looks like no sports package, touring package, clear coat. If I am wrong with these assumptions and you can tell by the picture please let me know. Anyways any help would be awesome.

Chris

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
that my friend is an elise, that is, if the car in the pictures is the one being sold

it looks like it has the touring package and that's it.

as for the differences between an exige and elise.... beauty is in the eye of the beholder (i prefer the elise). the exige does have more downforce and depending on the model more power than the elise. other than that they are very similar.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
The picture clearly shows an Elise and not an Exige!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Well to start off with, the car pictured in the link is an Elise - not an Exige.

And if the car has no clear coat - I would stay away from it - very far away. There aren't too many vehicles made today that don't have clear coat on them and such a change would likely indicate body work.

However the Elise pictured does have clear coat - so again, I just am not sure what you are speaking of.

And maybe a Lotus isn't a good purchase if it requires you to trade multiple vehicles in on it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the responses

So the dealer stated it was an Exige and wrong. Thanks all of you for your input. As far as trading in too many cars. I don't like haters. I make over 30k a month. So maybe you should mind your own business when it comes down to my finances.

·
Registered
63 Posts
live on easy mac for a month and offer them 30k in cash...

plus make sure you get a carfax and take a good look at the car...the background of the pics look like it's at a shady bodyshop or salvage yard...

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
As far as trading in too many cars. I don't like haters. I make over 30k a month. So maybe you should mind your own business when it comes down to my finances.

Sure you do...and you live in Napa Valley. Oh yeah and I believe you bought an Elise for $28.5k with 5k mi. http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f177/lotus-wanted-california-59517/

To post on a forum is to elicit comments from all who participate - good and bad. Having said that, it is important to have an open mind because there is a lot left to interpretation with this form of communication. It would serve you best not to infer intent or demeanor of other posters.

Ones integrity/reputation on a public forum is developed over time based on their contribution, expertise and involvement.

To demonstrate what I mean, I will be the bigger person and not engage your comment further.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Well, I don't have a different way than the 6 others of telling you it's an Elise, not an Exige.

But I will say if you're truly looking, spend some time and get to understand these cars and what you are looking for and at.

Obviously, not knowing the diff between and Exige and Elise is a good place to start.

Also, all Exiges come with, as standard, what is called the 'sport pack' on the Elise. So an Exige won't list that as a separate option.

Add to that though that you can get combos with track pack and things can get complicated.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I guess you guys didnt read my post?

I told you I didnt buy one last week and it was a joke. By no means do I like to brag. I own Valley Tech Solutions in Napa Valley. And personally it doesn't matter what I make. So lets please leave that out of the equation. Except if you guys really want to talk about it. I would love to help anyone wanting to start a business. I do apprecaite all the comments about the car. It has really helped me a lot.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
UKphil Did you not read this?

"You guys are funny!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all I lied to all of you and I am sorry for that. I did not buy one and you are all probably right. I shouldn't post in the wanted section. I will not do that again. Anyways I am still looking for a lotus and have been looking on auto trader and craigslist everyday including talking to a few dealerships. You guys are a little hard on me =) But thats ok. When I finally get a Lotus I will feel right at home on this forum. =) Take care all. Chris"

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For anyone who cares, I am about to find out the price

I really want to get a long with you guys =). I just called the dealership and she is going to call me back. Doesn't look good so far. She asked what I was looking to spend. I said around 30k. She told me they paid more then that for it. I will keep you all posted.

Chris

·
Registered
379 Posts
I don't understand why you would even want a used 06 elise considering you make over 30k a month. That doesn't make any sense to me. I think a new ferrari is in order.

I don't make anything near close to you, and I bought a new Exige S. It is a big financial burden on me, and sure I could have saved a lot buying a used car but that is not the point. I wanted my car, exactly how I wanted it, and I want to be the first and only driver of new love of my life. Kind of like getting myself a virgin i guess.

- Jeremy

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
1 - 20 of 50 Posts