The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know I bought a 2012 IPS about 3 months ago for my daily driver ... it has been AWESOME. The car had 8000 miles and is now close to 13000 ... so yes I have been driving it!

The problem: The wife ... who normally will not touch my cars ... took it for a quick spin about a month ago ... and now takes it anytime I leave the car ... Yesterday she decided that she wanted my car and that I should go buy another one ... anyone else have two daily driver evoras?

Ant advise?

·
Premium Member
6,981 Posts
Smart wife! What was she driving?

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Should have got a manual...unless she can drive stick too.....all joking aside. Maybe look at an exige or elise.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I actually thought about this, would have easily done it if the weather was a bit better in Montreal. Makes a great daily driver

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
I am very, very lucky on this! My wife is rather small and she just can't reach the pedals on the Evora safely!:nanner::nanner::nanner:

·
Super Moderator
5,459 Posts
As some of you know I bought a 2012 IPS about 3 months ago for my daily driver ... it has been AWESOME. The car had 8000 miles and is now close to 13000 ... so yes I have been driving it!

The problem: The wife ... who normally will not touch my cars ... took it for a quick spin about a month ago ... and now takes it anytime I leave the car ... Yesterday she decided that she wanted my car and that I should go buy another one ... anyone else have two daily driver evoras?

Ant advise?
Wish I had that sort of "problem"!!!

You are a lucky lucky b****d! :D

PS: Does she have a sister??? :)

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
First world problem...just kidding, that's actually awesome, I'd love if my wife took my Lotus and loved it...

·
Registered
7,610 Posts

Ant advise?
After all the trouble you went through to get this one, do you really want to repeat the process again? rotfl

Seriously, get an 6 speed Evora S for yourself and let your wife have her fun.

·
Registered
2017 Lotus Evora 400
691 Posts
:no:FK that!...I will never let my spouse drive my Lotus. She can have an SUV or a "luxury" brand sedan, convertible, etc but there won't be two people with the exactly same car especially a Lotus... let alone take MY ride just because the keys are there HAHAHA...:no:

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
My wife refuses to drive the Evora without me. she drives a stick very well but is afraid she will get hit or something. I encourage her to drive it. Nothing sexier than a woman that can handle "the stick" :clap:
I tracked her Clubman S last month and I think I have her thinking about more aggressive driving.:shift:

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
While my preference is always stick, if the IPS had been available I would have chosen it for nothing more than to allow my wife to enjoy the car too. I love my Evora but sharing things I like with others only increases my enjoyment.

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
Same thing happened to us when I picked up a Mini Cooper S as a daily driver.

We have an order in on another one right now :UK:

There are a few people on here that have two of the same car... never heard any complaints and it's fun to share a hobby together.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I wanted to buy an NA instead of the Cayman S as a daily, unfortunately used NA prices aren't as low as used Cayman S prices yet. Would have went Elise but couldn't see my wife riding in it.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
She has always been an SUV driver ... RX300, ML320, Cheyenne, MDX. RDX, and now a Audi Q5 ... which has always been the "family" car ... now she wants the Evora IPS and actually told me to get another one ... hmmmm ... maybe a S manual.

We do have two children ... one is 17 and we bought him a SLK320 for his 15th birthday, so he is set ... and a daughter who is only 12.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I wanted to buy an NA instead of the Cayman S as a daily, unfortunately used NA prices aren't as low as used Cayman S prices yet. Would have went Elise but couldn't see my wife riding in it.
THIS PHRASE HERE - Should be advice to anyone worried about their Evora depreciating!

In terms of a second one - I would get an an Elise or an Esprit so you have a lotus selection at the beginning of each day!

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
864 Posts
Just be sure to buy HIS and HERS keychains.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts