The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
bellotech said:
Interesting. ... what if it malfunctions @ 80ft depth?
From the description, it's limited to about 30 ft or so, and it sounds like it's "tethered" to a buoy. If it fails, you would just do a "free ascent" to the surface. You are still breathing regulated air at depth, just like you would from a regulator.

I wouldn't bother with the expense and trouble of the thing in any case...

Tim Mullen - haven't dived in over 20 years. I wonder if my lifetime certification is still good...

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
TimMullen said:
...haven't dived in over 20 years. I wonder if my lifetime certification is still good...
Yeah but you should very definitely take a refresher course with a couple of hours in a pool to go over skills.

·
shay2nak
24,978 Posts
LOL! Damn, that picture is a riot! Her face looks too big for her body and I don't think is the curvature of the glass. I'm with Neil on this one.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
babak said:
Yeah but you should very definitely take a refresher course with a couple of hours in a pool to go over skills.
Nah... I still remember how to do it just fine - the memory hasn't forgotten anything.

However, the body, would take a more than a couple of days in a poll to get back into shape...:(

Tim Mullen

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
They say that you don't need to be a strong swimmer, but if you fall off at 30 feet and your little bell fills with water, you are going to wish that you are pretty comfortable in the water and not subject to panic. If you're breathing compressed air, you still need to exhale on the way up during a free ascent from 30 feet to avoid a possible embolism. Plus, if you don't have a mask on, many people freak out when they open their eyes in salt water or if they swallow a little water. So people really should be trained scuba divers to use this.

It does looks like fun to me.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I think they had something like this in a James Bond movie. I think the guys using it all got harpooned. Probably a trend that should continue... ;) Come on, if you're going to scuba, do it right.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts