The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally saw one in person. They are kinda small. And I never noticed in pictures how short in length the front of the car really is. Still beautiful overall though.

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
Yep. They are small.

I had the same thought when I first saw the Elise in person. I knew it was small from the pictures I had seen but something about the hardtop being near belly button height in person drives home the reality of it all.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
i saw one up close in Greenwich. i found it to be quite large. prior to this car i saw, i had only seen pic in mags, and it looked really small in those pics. in person it looked much larger. regardless of size, one of the only "super cars" i would ever want to buy!

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
another good pic:

Attachments

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
It's a W16... hence the 16.4 nomenclature.

I've actually seen 3 of these, all in Greenwich, all different colors. It was actually just as large as I had expected.

I swear I knew that. I don't know why I posted W-12 :shrug:

Seen 'em in Greenwich also. Didn't bother getting up close, though.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Yeah, I think I'll buy a Veyron someday when the resale value drops below $20-30K. I suspect that will happen as soon as hell freezes over.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
to bad they weigh over 4k. I know its a huge motor but i think they could have done better than that. im not crazy about the whole car in general. It has a big top speed, who cares. I guess its a pretty poor track car too, not suprising at over 2 tons. That and it might be a bit overpriced...

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
and crazy that they weigh twice as much as our cars!: 4162 lbs!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts