The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Grabbed 'Automobile' magazine in the airport yesterday.

This guy - Alan Wilzig - is some uber millionaire dude in NYC.

- Amazing apartment in Tribeca
- Hot blonde trophy wife (F1 pit girl, etc)
- He and his brother built a 15,000sf 'castle' on Long Island. His brother, Ivan, who is basically insane, lives there.
- Guy has a place in Marabella, Spain.

The biggie though?

He built an amazing house and garage for his car collection outside of NYC. That's kinda cool, but what is REALLY cool - he has his own track on his property! Wilzing Racing Manor in Columbia County, NY. There are tons of videos on this guy on Youtube and lots of google him - seems kinda flashy and douchey (including naked pictures of he and his wife in his apartment), but what an awesome life! He is winning!

Oh, and he has an Esprit.

The brother's tacky castle (notice the peace sign):

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jalopnik story/video. Apparently his father made his money in banking (and possibly subprime/shady loans). Either way, the father was a Holocaust survivor so good on him.

Meet The Man Who Built A Racetrack In His Front Yard

Here's a crazy video of the family in German, but you'll get the deal:

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've never really watched TGUSA, but from the comments I see on Jalopnik, yep, they film there.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I followed the comments on YouTube.

Guy gets on there and mixes it up.

Apparently, he was born into an insanely wealthy family and inherited the business. He did however double it in size (and then sold it off).

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
I think we need to do a group buy on spandex brollie outfits for our wives, mistresses, nannies, concubines, girlfriends, etc......

I would buy 5!

·
Registered
668 Posts
that looks really sick... i wonder how much it would cost to do that.. get a few acres of land in Wisconsin, and now i just need to figure out how much it cost for the asphalt. I think it can be pulled off for 250k, especially with todays prices on land.

Jeff, wanna find 5 people and we split. :) we can make it reality :)

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I couldn't imagine the insurance - he does a lot of 'others on the track' events. Someone could die or get paralyzed. Think about the potential for lawsuits.

Not to mention security. People have to know where this place is. Could you imagine what's required to keep kids out of there. God forbid, kids crash it when it's empty (they live in Manhattan during the week) and then a kid gets hurt?

Man oh man.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just bought 47 acres for my own track............

that looks really sick... i wonder how much it would cost to do that.. get a few acres of land in Wisconsin, and now i just need to figure out how much it cost for the asphalt. I think it can be pulled off for 250k, especially with todays prices on land.

Jeff, wanna find 5 people and we split. :) we can make it reality :)
I've been up here in Green Bay for 11 years, and finally! I found someone to sell me land! 47 acres in Brown County, within sight of the Green Bay. If you could see over the trees.
The amazing thing is with hundreds, with thousands of miles of empty farm land...no one will sell any! 11 years of looking. And Thank You for this post. I have been researching how to construct a track, and I had not been able to find a "plan" for a square, 40 acre tract of land. The image of that track is exactly the shape of the back 40 acres.Give me another 5-10 years to get it all finished, and maybe I can lure you guys up here from Chicago for a Lotus Track Day.
And to pre-empt the inevitable comments....no......my wife does not wear spandex brollie outfits-she teaches Spanish at a Catholic School.
Just shows what you can do after working over 40 years in the same profession.......

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
His woman looks a bit trashy for my taste. Track looks nice though

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
in the jalopnik video he talks to the costs of the track a little bit. Although you would think he would be an utter slimeball, hearing his points of view in the video he is definitely wealthy and of that mindset, but seems to have a true appreciation for cars and racing and backs his own team. The track cost him several million dollars IIRC.

He has also been in constant legal fights over the years-there are lots of articles taht popup from time to time about his community fighting him.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
His woman looks a bit trashy for my taste. Track looks nice though

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Ditto. And why would you want your Wife to pose semi nude for people to see? I would not want my Fiance doing that... That's mine all mine!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I've been up here in Green Bay for 11 years, and finally! I found someone to sell me land! 47 acres in Brown County, within sight of the Green Bay. If you could see over the trees.
The amazing thing is with hundreds, with thousands of miles of empty farm land...no one will sell any! 11 years of looking. And Thank You for this post. I have been researching how to construct a track, and I had not been able to find a "plan" for a square, 40 acre tract of land. The image of that track is exactly the shape of the back 40 acres.Give me another 5-10 years to get it all finished, and maybe I can lure you guys up here from Chicago for a Lotus Track Day.
And to pre-empt the inevitable comments....no......my wife does not wear spandex brollie outfits-she teaches Spanish at a Catholic School.
Just shows what you can do after working over 40 years in the same profession.......
In, even without the wife in spandex.

Honestly though if you have funds available the time to buy property is now. So much available out there.

The exterior of that home is not expensive at all. Very square, almost commercial. The walls even look precast. Still much better than some of my second homes.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes, the wife is quite trashy. They appear to be insanely wealthy, but like many with 'f*ck you' money, their taste and decorum is questionable.
The wife is THE epitome of 'trophy wife'. f

According to him, she's been with him for 22 years, but then again, they guy was BORN insanely wealthy. If you look at his Youtube comments, he admits it! He freely admits he was born part of the Lucky Sperm Club, but does state that he doubled the size of his father's company and then sold it for a boatload of money before the subprime mortgage/bailout fiasco.

But if you think he's 'flashy', you gotta check out his brother - Ivan Wilzig. Oh my.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts