The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have a 2020/2021 Lotus Evora GT? (Required)
Do you have the Silver Forged rims that I want, and want my Matt blacks?

Then shoot me a PM and we can work out a deal. I am willing to drive anywhere (12 hours, 1 way max from Atlanta, GA) [Give me an excuse to put on MORE miles on my car!]

It could be an even trade! It could be where payment is required regarding not even tire wear or vice versa.
We could meet at a trusted tire shop, and do the swap right then, or have a garage, we can do it over a weekend! (before and after photos will NEED to be posted)

As much as everyone says keep the matt black rims. I can't stand that much black on my car. I just don't like how it looks even after a month of ownership.

At the time of this post, my car has 4080 miles on the Odo

Respond with your pics, and location and interest. First Come First Serve.

Pics:

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I'm sure the silver wheels will look great. But complementing the black top and other trim items IMHO those black wheels look awesome! As you have obviously heard before.

One thought to relieve the blackness a little, maybe some highlighted lettering on the tires. There are tons of options - colors, temp vs permanent, paint vs glue-on, subtle vs loud, etc. Just a thought...

Reactions: RodneyAE

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did order blue 3mm wide stripes that match my paint for the rims actually 3 days ago.
I think maybe I will wait for those to be applied before I get serious about the swap.
Thanks again for the suggestion

·
Registered
544 Posts
I did order blue 3mm wide stripes that match my paint for the rims actually 3 days ago.
I think maybe I will wait for those to be applied before I get serious about the swap.
Thanks again for the suggestion
Yeah, I was in the same predicament when I got my car. I added some rim stripes to lighten the blackness a bit - great suggestion above. I still want silver wheels but I have since moved on to other toys so haven't seriously looked for silver forged wheels for the lotus.

·
Registered
238 Posts
No help on a trade.. I just purchased a 21 GT and went with silver wheels..., for the same reasons you describe! My GT came with black and they swapped the wheels for me at port!

if you do not have any luck with the trade, you could have the wheels powder coated?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No help on a trade.. I just purchased a 21 GT and went with silver wheels..., for the same reasons you describe! My GT came with black and they swapped the wheels for me at port!

if you do not have any luck with the trade, you could have the wheels powder coated?
Yes! There is a lot of places here where where I live that do powder coating services!

·
Administrator
6,961 Posts
Reactions: JP HACK

·
Registered
2018 Evora 400
114 Posts
I too hate the black wheels and would love to swap them out, I'm in SW Virginia. But I did add rim gaurds, which help break up some of the black.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Would love to trade my silver forged 400 wheels with JP Hacks...but looks like hes gone MIA
Anyone have any idea how I can reach out to him?

·
Registered
The Blue Meanie - 2006 Polar Blue Elise & Bernice - 2010 Chilli Red Mini Cooper S
1,227 Posts
Yeah, I was in the same predicament when I got my car. I added some rim stripes to lighten the blackness a bit - great suggestion above. I still want silver wheels but I have since moved on to other toys so haven't seriously looked for silver forged wheels for the lotus.
That looks fantastic!

·
Registered
The Blue Meanie - 2006 Polar Blue Elise & Bernice - 2010 Chilli Red Mini Cooper S
1,227 Posts
Do you have a 2020/2021 Lotus Evora GT? (Required)
Do you have the Silver Forged rims that I want, and want my Matt blacks?

Then shoot me a PM and we can work out a deal. I am willing to drive anywhere (12 hours, 1 way max from Atlanta, GA) [Give me an excuse to put on MORE miles on my car!]

It could be an even trade! It could be where payment is required regarding not even tire wear or vice versa.
We could meet at a trusted tire shop, and do the swap right then, or have a garage, we can do it over a weekend! (before and after photos will NEED to be posted)

As much as everyone says keep the matt black rims. I can't stand that much black on my car. I just don't like how it looks even after a month of ownership.

At the time of this post, my car has 4080 miles on the Odo

Respond with your pics, and location and interest. First Come First Serve.

Pics:
View attachment 1282381 View attachment 1282382
I don’t know dude. I know it’s a personal matter of taste, but I think the black rims look fantastic with the roof. I love it. I’d definitely have it photoshopped first. It’s gorgeous.

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Grey
957 Posts
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

I fully agree that black wheels need something to break them up. That's why I added a stripe to my wheels as well. I used to have silver wheels, but black is just so much sportier.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Man? I don’t remember your red rim blades on the last ride. Of course there were 14 of us…. LOL!

Looks great!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts