The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone. It's J. I'm home from school because it is exam week and I have already taken all of my tests =). Dad's packing up his stuff from his old office today. Mom's with S at her tumbling class. So I have some privacy and can be sneaky. I know some of you know what has been going on because last night Dad let me read some of the comments in the threads he wrote.

Anyway, I don't think my Dad has been doing too well since our sister died. ***edited*** I never saw him cry before either. Last year we were making a shelf together and I saw him put a drill bit through his hand. He said, "Oops." There was blood pouring out of his hand. I almost puked.

I've heard him crying in his room with the door shut a few times since she died. I know he must be really sad. When he's with us he's smiling and acts happy but I can tell he's faking. He's a horrible actor. It's kind of hard not to laugh at him when he tries to look mad when we've done something wrong. He told me last night that he has to change jobs but he told me not to tell my sisters. He said that he and Mom would talk to them about it later. I heard him late last night tell Mom ***edited*** he's really worried about losing his job. ***edited*** Then after the baby died my Dad has been crying more. It is always late at night in his room by himself. My Dad is not a failure. He's awesome.

I know his car makes him happy. I also know there are some things for his car that he has wanted to get. C came up with an idea and we have been talking. We've got some money saved from our summer work money and want to buy one or two of those things for him to help cheer him up but we're not sure what they are or how to get them.

I know he has wanted a camera that points front and back and chases cars and a logger. I googled both. I saw this CAMERA CARS UNLIMITED for the camera but I don't think that is right. For the logger I came up with either a guy who cuts wood or some math thing that I didn't understand. I don't think he wants a math thing for his car or a guy to cut wood for him.

Will someone please help me figure out exactly what we should get him and where we can buy it?

Thanks for reading!
J

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
I think I know what your dad would want and my company makes it and I can help you out (no money needed). Do you want me to move this thread so he can't see it? Let me know.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
I think I know what your dad would want and my company makes it and I can help you out (no money needed). Do you want me to move this thread so he can't see it? Let me know.
Geez, Randy... read a guy's PM or something before you post!
:bow:

;)

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Randy-
Thats very generous and if you need some people to chip in to cover your costs, let me know.

Edit: I agree that you may want to hide the thread.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Mr. Chase! I don't think Dad can read this. He's at work and they locked his computer. I think we've got plenty of money saved. We counted almost $300 last night in our piggy banks. Can we buy something from your company? What is it called and how do we get it?

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Hi Mr. Chase! I don't think Dad can read this. He's at work and they locked his computer. I think we've got plenty of money saved. We counted almost $300 last night in our piggy banks. Can we buy something from your company? What is it called and how do we get it?
Well, I can delete this thread before he gets home from work if you want.

Send me a shipping address to send stuff.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Randy, I think there are very many of us on this board that would like to contribute to making this happen.

"J", I think trying to do something for your dad is as awesome idea. Your dad would be very proud of you.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Mr. Dragon, THAT'S IT! :clap: and we've got just enough money =).

Thanks!
Randy is that company and the one offering you a free one.. :D

Edit: unfortunately I'm tapped for cash at the moment or I'd throw some in on this as well. I will however most definitely be purchasing a ChaseCam from Randy for my car some time this year in support of his awesomeness.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Mr. Dragon, THAT'S IT! :clap: and we've got just enough money =).

Thanks!
Use the money to buy him something else. Like a nice sweater and a card. I appreciate that you are willing to spend, but you don't need to with me. It is the thought that counts.

p.s. I told your dad if you guys all wanted to take a vacation, he has a place to stay in San Diego. It is 80 degrees and sunny here.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Randy, it's already been said, but you're awesome. Very generous of you.

RoadKid, keep the faith, be there for yous sisters and your parents and you'll see them through this ordeal.

You're all in our thoughts.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Thanks codymac. Appreciate the offer.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Roadkids, you guys are awesome. Your dad will be so proud that he has raised the best kids that i have come across (i have A LOT of cousins so..:D).

Word of advice, before you order something from the chase cam website talk to Randy. His name is Randy Chase (see the connection). I would say to e-mail Randy first and then have him remove this thread so your dad wont find out.

Good luck and someday when i have kids i want them to be as awesome as you guys.

edit: bahh you guys are fast!!

and Randy you are AWESOME!!!

1 - 20 of 124 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.