The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I'm going to be mocked but whatever lol.

I want to make my Miata into a fake Lotus Elise for now. I love being original and different, even at the expense of my dignity. I do silly things like that all the time and I'm game for it!

So I was wondering.... what all do I need? I figured just a bunch of real Lotus Elise badges and stick 'em on my car lol. Is there a kit? Should I just buy individually off ebay?

Flame me if you'd like lol, I deserve it!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
At first I was upset when I read the title thinking your were going to put Elise clams on a Miata. Then I remembered the Miata- Elan throwbacks. I think it could look cool but I would refrain from using Lotus emblems on there but it's your call.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm... That looks delicious.

I would imagine putting actual body panels on the car.... would not only be complicated as all hell... but cost a fortune.

I'm wanting to have a fake Lotus Elise until I buy one. I realized the other day I wasn't going to get one for years and years and it sucked the dreams out of me lol.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
IMHO, a Miata (fine car BTW) with a Elise body kit would be a complete waste.

Even if there was such a thing, I suspect you would have at least the cost of a Miata +$10,000 for a body kit (kit, paint, etc) into the vehicle... and it would likely be less than the Miata you started with.

Sell the Miata and take the money you would use for the body kit, paint, etc and buy a used Elise. Shouldn't be much more than said Miata anyways.

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
I know I'm going to be mocked but whatever lol.

I want to make my Miata into a fake Lotus Elise for now. I love being original and different, even at the expense of my dignity. I do silly things like that all the time and I'm game for it!

So I was wondering.... what all do I need? I figured just a bunch of real Lotus Elise badges and stick 'em on my car lol. Is there a kit? Should I just buy individually off ebay?

Flame me if you'd like lol, I deserve it!
Are you Arashi's long lost brother? :eek:

·
Registered
606 Posts
You may want to speak with fellow LotusTalk member Arashi. He produced some amazing Lotus concepts, he may be able to create a kit that bolts directly on to your Miata. May be worth looking into. :clap:

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Loosen a bunch of screws in the Miata to duplicate the rattles and buzzes...:D

Loved my old Miata. Had it tricked out and polished to the 9's. Sold it for a song and now regret it. All that said, The Lotus is much more fun.

While I owned both I was able to jump between the Elise and the supercharged MX-5. I never appreciated how much body roll the Miata had until I compared it first-hand to the Lotus.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,684 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Like a child waiting for it's first tooth, I am waiting for the appearance of the mystery screw that falls out of the driver's door. Now a horrifying thought; what if I never see the screw, what if I bought a fake Lotus! ;)

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
At first I was upset when I read the title thinking your were going to put Elise clams on a Miata. Then I remembered the Miata- Elan throwbacks. I think it could look cool but I would refrain from using Lotus emblems on there but it's your call.
They have front nose conversions

There are also hatchback hardtops

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thoughts on buying a couple of Lotus badges and taking all the Miata stuff off?

I think putting the silver lettering "LOTUS" on the back would look really lame... but just the badges perhaps?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts