The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

I want to trade a my first Arrival Saffron Yellow for your later order spot?

2K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  OneFastLotus 
#1 ·
anyone want to trade a first order Saffron Yellow for their later order spot?

Ok here's the deal.

I have two cars order at Lotus of Atlanta. Red and Yellow. BOTH will be here the FIRST WEEK OF JUNE ( according to Chris C).

I have decided I would rather have storm titanium in place of the saffron yellow but its too late for me to change my mind.

So, is there anyone here with Lotus of Atlanta who would be willing to trade with me?

You'll be getting a Saffron Yellow base car with black cloth interior in the first week of June.

I'll be getting your place in line at Lotus of Atlanta.

I dont want number #100 or something insane like that. I'd prefer to trade with someone in the #20's or low #30's but Im willing to talk.
I would prefer to try and stick with people who are on Lotus of Atlanta's list. This way its not too messy.

I havent asked LOA if I can do this yet. I just want to see if anyone will trade. If someone will, then I'll run it past Chris to make sure its Kosher. If not I can live with Yellow :D

Still kind of bugs me though, that I had to place my order before I got the color chart. I just now got my color chart on Saturday of last week. I placed my order 2 months ago.

Oh well.

See less See more
#3 ·
I am interested. let me know

#7 ·
there's nothing iwrong with yellow at all, in fact, I still like it.

Ive just always kind of liked the titanium color and did not realize how sparkly and spiffy it looked till I got my color chart.

If I had to take the yellow I would be content as I think its VERY nice as well. For some reason Im just diggin' the ti color.

I called the dealer and Chris is understandably VERY VERY busy and I told him that if he can switch myself and LOTU's spots that I would appreciate it. He said he thinks it will be no problem but he'll have to check. I explained to please not go to a large hassle and do it only if its feasible. He's going to call me back so that we can discuss it further if it is indeed ok with LOA to do so.

Thanks
Jennifer

#8 ·
Re: What was it?

Buck Dharma said:
What didn't you like about the yellow on the chart? Just curious.
The yellow on the chart was 'way off' the
actual color, making it look more like CO.
Mason, on puresportscar, did an adjustment of the chart color but the best indication of it is those actual outdoor photos from Australia. The Aussie's screen name was ACP, I believe.

#9 ·
Re: Re: What was it?

Ridgemanron said:
The yellow on the chart was 'way off' the
actual color, making it look more like CO.
Mason, on puresportscar, did an adjustment of the chart color but the best indication of it is those actual outdoor photos from Australia. The Aussie's screen name was ACP, I believe.
Ridge I thought you were banned from discussing yellow:)

One thing I feel compelled to point out is that Ridge by his own admission has not seen the "actual color" so I am not sure what he is basing that on...:rolleyes:

#10 ·
I think we should start a collection to send Ron to Australia to see the Saffron car in person and report back:D

#12 ·
Patricko said:
I will pay for one-way so long as he does not have internet access:D
If not for our Aussie friend,
this site would be littered with an abundance of saffron-izing. He's the only one who took the bull by the horns.....or should I say the 'roo by the tail' and gave us the real deal. P.S. - if not for him, I'd still be holding an order for Ardent Red.

#17 ·
Jenn,

I have not yet agreed to switch with you. Are you reading your private messages? What I said was that the idea is an interesting one since I may be moving out of Atlanta soon, however, I have some concerns that I was going to express to Chris when I see him tomorrow at the Auto Show. The main problem is that I think I want the touring and hardtop and you did not order that. Anyway, there is no deal and no reason for you to have asked Chris on my behalf to switch with you when that was not yet agreed upon.

I think we MIGHT have a deal, but give me a chance to talk to LOA too.

Call me if you would like to discuss this further.

#19 ·
LOTUdaGround said:
Jenn,

I have not yet agreed to switch with you. Are you reading your private messages? What I said was that the idea is an interesting one since I may be moving out of Atlanta soon, however, I have some concerns that I was going to express to Chris when I see him tomorrow at the Auto Show. The main problem is that I think I want the touring and hardtop and you did not order that. Anyway, there is no deal and no reason for you to have asked Chris on my behalf to switch with you when that was not yet agreed upon.

I think we MIGHT have a deal, but give me a chance to talk to LOA too.

Call me if you would like to discuss this further.

I wasnt aware I said we had agreed to anything? And I most certainly didnt ask Chris to switch anything " on your behalf". I explained the situation to him as I said I would and asked him to check and see if it would be a big deal so we could then talk. He has not even had the chance to call me back yet as he's been terribly busy.

Ive recieved one PM from you and answered it the same day and told you pretty much what Ive said above.

Tell you what. This is getting to be a hassle and apparently words are getting twisted around somehow, and I dont even like the suggestion of that. This isnt worth it. I''ll call Chris tomorrow and tell him not even bother checking on it for me. He's got plenty of other things to be doing anyway.

To the folks in CT ( you know who you are) who did offer to trade, as much as I would love to help you, and as nice as your offer sounds, Im really going to have to stick with LOA for personal reasons. Thank you so much for your offer though.

Jennifer

#21 ·
Jenn,

I just now saw this thread.

I'll trade my #52 at PB Motorcars for your yellow in a heartbeat !!

If you reconsider this offer again, please give me a call:

786-303-4788

My S2000 lease expires june 16th. You can imagine why I was hoping for the Elise in June.

You'd have my undying gratitude if you agreed :D

#24 ·
Yeah I think Chris is right.

Transio, I appreciate the offer, but I think its best as its stands at the moment. LOA is a great place to be. With their allotment and Spruells (2x)as well as being the largest volume Esprit dealer,they're going to be looking good and I think I should probably be happy I have two of the first cars coming in to the US and be done with it. I'll have the entire summer/year to enjoy them.

I'll keep your name in mind though if I know of any other first batchers wanting to trade out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.