The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I built a new garage. One to put cars in. I know, weird, but that was the mandate. So, cleaning up my old garage/shop, I disposed of 10+ years of amazon boxes, moved my bikes to the new garage, and then I found this:

Oh yeah. I remember it now.

I have enough projects to last me the rest of my life.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Mine looked like that and then 3 years later it looked like this:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used to have a TCS with a Webber head. It moved.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
This one was very quick. Engine built by Quicksilver Racing. 150 HP at the crank in a 1512 lb sports car.

Reactions: StressCraxx

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dunno what mine would have dyno'ed at. In the 80's, dynos weren't everywhere like today. It had a fully ported/polished head, balanced, Isky cams, Webber 40DCOEs. This one, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with. It is a "Free Range" Europa, that is, the head is in the boot, last ran 20-30 years ago, etc. I need to finish the 7, then finish my wife's S2, then this one. Kinda lost a year on projects as I got sick, plus building this garage:

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Always good to have projects. :cool:

If you want some motivation, here is my restoration blog on my TC Europa. It’s been used as a reference for lots of restorations with 78,000 views.

i also have restoration posts on my Elan’s.

Reactions: blaising

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's a lot of posts. 91 pages. Oh, and I had to do 3 Toyota V8 timing belts in a row last year. While recovering from what had to be the Chinese corona virus, before anyone knew it was here.

The 7 needs rear fenders. I have a steel fender to use as a buck and all the materials. I just need to find a good How To on making a mold and get after it. After the fenders, it just needs wiring from the dash back and that's about it. Locost, 4AGE 20 valve, 160 HP.

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
1,116 Posts
I've always wondered why the Europa is that shape, why does it look like a little pickup truck? It's so unconventional. Can anyone explain this to me from an engineering perspective? I've always been curious. Thanks!

·
Registered
356 Posts
@Dr.Hess, i have a lead on rear fenders for S3 Seven "[email protected]"
@Verichai the europa is a mid-engine 2 seater, thus behind the seats and doors, the engine bay, so design options limited, air flow maximized, vision improvement with cut down sides from S1 and S2 version. actually that "look" is what makes it great!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts